⤷ 21| LAST FIRST KISS

chapter twenty-one : last first kiss

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper felt as if her body would explode. Charlie's lips were soft and gentle as he kissed her back. Unfortunately, their moment didn't last long as a whistle was heard.

"We should go," Charlie said quietly, resting his forehead against hers. "The next champion is going to arrive any moment now."

June nodded, feeling too flustered to say anything, and let Charlie lead her away. They walked towards the edge of the forest and sat down on a fallen tree.

"So . . ." Charlie began, his cheeks burning up a bit.

"So . . ." June repeated, smiling.

Charlie smiled sheepishly and scratched his neck. "I know this might become difficult since I'm not at Hogwarts anymore, but I'll promise to write every day."

June's smile turned into a grin. "Every day?"

"Yes," Charlie said, grinning, too, "I'll tell you all about my day, if you want."

"That'd be great," June replied, "and I'll keep you updated on Hogwarts."

"It's a deal," Charlie said, before leaning in and giving her a soft kiss on the lips. "I'm happy I had the balls to do it."

"I'm happy you had the balls, too."

Charlie laughed. "That sounds really weird if you didn't know the context."

Juniper laughed along with him, intertwining their fingers in the process.

"Not that I want you gone, but shouldn't you be helping with the dragons?" June asked, looking at him.

"I might or not have bribed myself out of it," he said, grinning.

Juniper rolled her eyes. "Didn't see you as someone who'd do that," she teased him.

Charlie laughed, shaking his head. "Me neither."

Juniper looked back at the enclosure and Charlie followed her gaze.

"D'you think Harry will be all right?" he quietly asked.

"I hope," June said, "but he's a Potter, I'm sure he'll manage."

She hoped she sounded more sure than she thought she did.

"Nothing will happen to him," Charlie said, placing his arm around her shoulders. "We have gotten strict orders to intervene when the champion's life is at stake."

"That's reassuring."

Charlie tilted his head. "Sarcasm?"

"Yes."