Chapter 69

Before, Jenna had been planning on turning into a random girl whom nobody would've recognize, so she could've just been present at the Yule Ball without anyone caring about her presence. But when she had come upon a girl just a few minutes ago who didn't even want to be at the Ball, Jenna took the chance and transformed into her instead.

      Although now as Jenna watched the young boy with red hair walk toward her with a grin, she started to think that maybe this was a bad idea to begin with.

      But then again, if there was one thing Jenna Potter believed in was that usually bad ideas could lead to the most fun memories.

     "Well, hello," said Jenna cheerfully in the girl's voice, offering him a playful smile.

      The boy was one of the Weasley twins. Although there was a slight problem.

      Jenna couldn't tell which one of the twins he was.

     I'll just have to avoid calling his name, and we'd be good to go, she thought to herself.

"Well, C'mon, Anna," said the boy with a playful grin, raising his arm for her to take.

Guess my name is Anna, then, Jenna thought to herself before holding onto Fred or George's arm, walking into the entrance hall.

    The hall was packed with students, all milling around waiting for eight o'clock, when the doors to the Great Hall would be thrown open. Everyone was wearing their best clothes and there was an air of excitement surrounding them.

     "Er... quick question," Jenna started, her eyes searching the crowd, "which one of these girls is Cho Chang?"

     The Weasley boy glanced curiously at Jenna before looking around for a few seconds, finally pointing at a girl who was standing beside a tall and handsome boy.

      "That one," he pointed.

     "Oh..." Jenna grinned to herself. "Interesting."

     Just then, the oak front doors opened, and everyone turned to look as the Durmstrang students entered with Professor Karkaroff. Krum was at the front of the party, accompanied by a a pretty girl whom no one seemed to recognize at first.

      "Whoa! Hold up! Is that — is that Hermione?" the Weasley boy who was Jenna's date for the night gaped at her in disbelief.

      Everyone's eyes were now on Hermione, whispering to themselves about her. Krum's fan club looked envious and many Slytherin girls seemed bitter. Jenna then caught sight of Ron, and was glad to see that he did not look happy.

     Mission accomplished, Jenna thought to herself proudly, suppressing a broad smile.

      Once the doors to the Great Hall opened, everyone looked around in awe. It looked more magnificent than Jenna could ever remember it. The walls of the Hall had all been covered in sparkling silver frost, with hundreds of garlands of mistletoe and ivy crossing the starry black ceiling. The House tables had vanished; instead, there were about a hundred smaller, lantern-lit ones.

      "There's an empty one," said the Weasley twin cheerfully, leading Jenna toward the table.

      "So where's your other half?" Jenna asked in the girl's voice playfully, hoping that he would say his brother's name, so she could figure out whether he was Fred or George.

       "With Angelina," he replied with a grin. "Fred's been in a mood for days." 

      Jenna concluded that Anna's date for the night was George Weasley. She grinned to herself. The night was getting more and more exciting.

      "Ah, speaking of the devil," said George, glancing up with a grin as he sighted his twin from afar, walking toward them hand-in-hand with a pretty girl with dark skin. She looked gorgeous, so Jenna didn't know why Fred was in such a bad mood.

      "Hey, George. Hi, Anna," the girl greeted them delightfully.

      "Hey, Angelina," Jenna said before she could stop herself.

      Was her name Angelina or Angelica? she wondered, starting to panic.

      But when George greeted her with the same name, Jenna let out a sigh of relief.

      "Ugh, stupid Ball," Fred grumbled, dropping himself down on the empty seat beside George.

      "Oh, cheer up! Maybe she won't even like her date," said Angelina, trying to sound comforting.

     "Where are they, anyway?" Fred questioned grumpily, looking around the Hall at where the Durmstrang students were sitting with their dates.

     Jenna listened carefully, looking between the three as she tried to figure out what the latest teen drama was. She figured enough that Fred had probably hoped to come to the Ball with someone else.

     "Oooh, look, here they come!" Angelina suddenly said, turning to look at the Great Hall's doors along with everybody else.

      There came a loud round of applause as the four champions entered the Hall in line with their dates, walking up toward a large round table at the top of the Hall, where the judges were sitting.

      Jenna's eyes were only on Harry and then she curiously glanced at his date, to see who he had asked to the Ball. Jenna was surprised to see that his date was one of the girls in Hermione's dorm, Parvati.

     She looked very pretty, in robes of shocking pink, with her long dark plait braided with gold, and gold bracelets glimmering at her wrists as she beamed at everyone while passing.

      Once the champions were seated, the dinner began. They had to look at their plates and call out their order very clearly. Jenna felt more excited than she had been in years. She missed going to fancy parties and Balls, dressing up and dancing all night, and to just enjoy herself to the fullest.

      So looking down at her plate, she called out her order, saying loud and clearly, "Pork chops!"

     The next moment, pork chops appeared on her plate and the rest of the students followed. The Great Hall was filled excited chatters as everyone talked around and enjoyed their meal, waiting impatiently for the dance to begin.

      Although the only person in the whole Hall who looked bitter was Fred Weasley, as he kept looking at the direction of the Durmstrang tables.

     "Will you let it go?" George rolled his eyes at his twin.

       "Oh, I will," Fred nodded grimly, "but only after I've turned someone's head into a pumpkin."