Chapter 24: Mrs. Brown

Cole's POV

I take a glimpse, of my surroundings. I was so wrapped in my nervousness, that I didn't even, glanced at this room. Now When my meeting with Jenny Bloom, went well, I am just a little relived. Not entirely relived, because my story is not yet selected, to publish in her monthly magazine; "Bloom Short Fiction", but now when my nerves are calmed down just a bit, and I am not acting like a mad person. Whose girlfriend, literally dragged him, inside this big room.

So I look around my surrounding. This room is so big, the decor of the room is also fancy. The walls of the room are in navy blue and white color. The tables are set up around the room. And there is a grand stage set up in front. The lighting of the room is also dim. The person who has been never, gone to an auction like me. Will think there is some, kind of party, going in here.

"Who is that girl with most alluring eyes?", Luna asks interrupting my thoughts, over auction.

"What?",

"Who is that girl with the most alluring eyes?",

It's you. You and only you.

I can't tell this to Luna. If I tell her this, everything will change between us. It will be replaced with awkwardness, over calming and peaceful relationship, of ours.

"Cole", Luna raises, her eyebrows.

"She is just a fictional character",

"No she is not",

Did she know, that girl with most alluring eyes, is none other she herself?.

"She is a fictional character, just the imagination of mine", I lie. She is not imagination. She is real, she is the most beautiful girl, that I ever saw in my life. And she is not at all fictional.

"Oh Please! Stop lying, and I know she is not fictional, because when you told, the title of your story, your cheeks had, turned red", Luna teases me and laughs.

"No!!",

"Same like this, the way, your cheeks have turned red right now", she laughs harder. And I want to bury myself somewhere, out of embarrassment Why the hell I am blushing? I have to stop blushing.

"Luna", Someone calls her, and saves me from her teasing.

Luna turns to look, at the person, who has called her name. And her big smile vanishes, and replaces with a frown on her face.

"Mom", Luna says. And I realize, the lady with blonde hair, in front of me, is Luna's Mom. She looks just like Luna. Okay, not just like Luna, but they have similar facial resemblance.

Mrs. Brown looks at me, waiting for my introduction," I am Cole, I am...", I look at Luna, unable to complete the sentence.

"My boyfriend", Luna completes the sentence for me.

"What", Mrs. Brown, looks at me, and then towards her daughter, in surprise,"boyfriend?, What happened to Ray?",

"He dumped me, for my former best friend, Britney",

"Oh! I am sorry I didn't know that",

"Of course, you didn't know, as you were busy, in planning the donation of my Dad's stuffs",

I am feeling a little awkward, not knowing what to say? or what to do?. In between the tense situation of this mother and daughter duo. Whose relationship has turned sour, due to the absence of communications.

"Look at that painting, it's looks beautiful", I try to lighten the situation.

"It's Romeo and Juliet", Mrs. Brown looks at the painting on the stage and tells.

"What?",

"The painting, it's called "Romeo and Juliet", I was looking for this painting for so years, remember Luna your Dad promised that he will buy me this painting one day", Mrs. Brown looks at her daughter.

"Yes, I remember, because I don't forget, anything about my Dad, and I also don't try to forget also, like some people do", Luna shoots the angry words, like a sharp arrow at her mother.

"What a coincidence, you found this painting, in this charity art auction", I interrupts them. And Luna shoots a glare at me. And I smile like an idiot to calm her anger.

"Yeah", Mrs. Brown smiles,"I will take my sit, as I want this painting, at any cost today",

I nod. And Luna rolls her eyes.

" It's nice meeting you Cole", she says and looks at Luna, but Luna turns her face.

"It's nice meeting, you too, Mrs. Brown", I tell her, and she smiles and leaves and occupies the table at the front.

"It's nice meeting you too, Mrs. Brown?", Luna looks at me, with a frown on her beautiful face.

"What?, It's my manners, I can't forget my values", I chuckle on my lame joke, but Luna doesn't laugh.

"Yeah, your manners", she rolls her eyes.

........................................................................

"I want this painting", Luna tells me. Luna and I have occupied the table in the middle of the room.

"Which one?",

"Romeo and Juliet",

"Your Mom will take it, don't worry", I take the sip, of the drink, which is served to us. I don't know the name of the drink, but it tastes good.

"No! I am gonna have it",

"How?",

"I have money, my Dad's share in Brown company, is mine now, so I can have anything", Luna looks at the painting, which is her mother's favorite.

"You have interest in paintings?",

"Of course not, I want this painting, because she wants it badly",

I don't try to say anything further to Luna. Nor I try to stop her, from biding on the painting, because if I try also, she will not stop, because she doesn't want that painting for herself. She wants that painting to hurt her Mrs. Brown.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for next chapter till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX