Dancing with a Stranger

When I first heard about Tony I thought he was pretty awesome. He was almost my idol. I mean he was a genius, creating machines the protect people and technology that pushed us into the future. Now I just thinks he's an ass. I considered myself incredibly smart. Even though I didn't go to school Hydra made me smart. I wasn't just trained physically.

Any-who, after leaving the lab i walked into the living room. Natasha was sitting on the couch browsing through what looked like some old files. I sat down near her and tried to peak at what she was doing. She looked up at me.
"what are you doing?"

I looked back up at her.
"Watching you. I tried to explore and I found Tony's lab. Helped him figure out an equation and then He basically called me dumb. Stupid misogyny. So now i'm here, watching you."

She rolled her eyes. "Yea Tony's an ass. I try to avoid him when he's working. Usually Wanda and I just hang out but she's training right now."

I nod. "So what are you doing now?" I nod my head in the direction of the open files.

"Oh im looking into our old files. Trying to find a pattern between the locations of Hydras bases."

I flinch at the mention of Hydra. I know it had been a while but it all still haunted me. "They tend to use underground bunkers or buildings. Look for sheds that might be out of place. Those are some of the entrances."

She looks back up at me in shock. "Yea ok let me write this down. Got anything else?"

I think back to my own childhood. "They also just use old military bases, or old laboratories."

Natasha continues writing everything i'm saying down in a notebook, nodding every few seconds. I can't help but stare into space as Nat keeps writing.
————————————————————————
Flashback

The man carries the child across a field, surrounded by men with guns. They walk into a small shed and once everyone is inside they close the doors. The man speaks Russian into a small device in his hand. The floor starts to move the the shed turns into an elevator as they move down. Once they reach the bottom a door opens and a metal tunnel is revealed.

The group walks down the tunnel until reaching another door. The door leads to another elevator. This time they go up, into another building. The walls are made of stone and brick. The long halls are filled with doctors,scientists, and guards. The man finally stops in front of a door. The door has several locks and has a small window. He unlocks the door and pushes the 3 year old into the room and then closes the door again.

The child looks up to see five more girls ages ranging from 5-15. They surround her and sit down. They start to talk in another language and the girl doesn't understand. She starts to cry and one girl speaks up. In english she says "Don't worry. We aren't here to hurt you. The people here are just here to help us. They want to make us invincible and deadly." The little girl stops crying as the girls around her just sit there and smile.

End Flashback
———————————————————————-

"Y/N?"

I snap out of my trance. "Yea?"

"You ok?"

"Oh uh yea i'm uh fine. I'm gonna go find Sam."

I pop up from my spot on the couch and jog out of the room. That was definitely more awkward that it needed to be. I walked around the tower trying to find Sam. I found him back in the gym with Steve. "Hey Sam? Can I talk to you?"

They stop what they're doing and Sam jogs over to me obviously out of breath. "Wassup?"

"I really need to take a break and I was thinking about going out like dancing or something? Maybe find someone or something. You wanna come? I know you don't have a girlfriend and i'm a great wingman!" I wink and smile with my pleading eyes.