14

********************

I can't wait to rev you up

Faster than you can say Ferrari

********************

BENTLEY

"You're a psychopath."

"Thank you Dorian! I appreciate the kind words. Get back to work."

"Just sayin' Benny, doesn't make any sense to race the guy that's beaten you alr- What the fuck!" He screams when the wrench I had sent flying in his direction missed and banged against the tool cart next to him.

"Shit I missed!" I say, and Rumer puts his hand firmly on my shoulder and I look up to him to watch him nod in disapproval. "Sorry."

"I think you're an idiot too." He shrugs.

"Whatever happened to treating people with kindness?" I scoff.

"I am being kind by letting you go through with this without you telling me exactly why you're having a private race with Harry." He adds, walking back to the table Allegra was working on.

"We're control freaks, and I want to control the narrative of how things play out between us by rubbing the fact that I'm a winner in his face." I state. It's not a lie... but it's an omission. I did want control, but more in the bedroom than anything.

I couldn't wait to watch Harry's reaction when I fucked him. It was honestly refreshing that we didn't need to say we wanted to fuck each other to know. I also was trying to convince myself that the way he pressed me into the sink didn't fluster me at all... I was a dominant person, the only reason Apollo was the only person I fucked is because he was the only guy who was willing to let me take control.

Truth is, I could probably bottom for Harry... he's fucking hot as hell and the energy he gives off is unreal, but the real pleasure was in teasing him into thinking I wouldn't. He'd do the same for me too, I mean, what full dom let's someone stick a loaded gun in their mouth multiple times?

Zayn decides to add to the conversation, rolling out from under the car to speak. "I hope he wins, honestly. Especially since you said you would get Rumer and I bunk bed next time we come around if he does."

I had forgotten about that. Well, it had been three days and the race was officially tonight. Harry needed to do some errands for Luna and couldn't sneak away, but tonight he could. It would just be Harry, Rumer, Zayn, Allie, Apollo, Dorian and I there tonight.

"You guys you just buy yourselves a bunk bed, or hey, maybe an apartment?" I suggest. I had gotten so used to living with Rumer and Zayn, and after yelling at Zayn for the past few weeks he had settled down enough to make having roommates tolerable.

"You know we can't invest in long term shit Benny, we still have our real lives to get back to once you win this race tonight."

Fuck, I forgot they were leaving soon. We had finished the Mustang the night before I went over to Harry's for dinner, so their job here was technically done. There was another international race happening in Marrakesh and they were required to be there by another client, so they'd be flying out in a few days.

I wasn't ready to say goodbye just yet, and I don't know when they'd be back. Those races lasted for days at a time and they'd probably go somewhere else straight after. It's why they didn't own property or anything.

The first time they left for their jobs it was fine because they came back, but the next time, they only came back for my parents' funerals... and stayed away. Being with them so much had made me dependent on them again and I fucking hated depending on other people, but Rumer was the older brother I never had and Zayn, well, Zayn was Zayn.