Chapter 39 Chat

*Hallway, Next Day*
John and Seraphina were walking down the hallway.

"Eh, I barely got any sleep last night..." Seraphina says.

"Again?! You need to take care of yourself. Don't let this whole ability thing eat you up." John says.

"Oh nono, I was doing reps with Elaine. The combo you taught me yesterday... I have it down. I'm ready for more." Seraphina says.

"Woah, impressive!" John says in surprise. "See? I knew you had it in you."

"Yeah, but the workout ruined my outfit." Seraphina says.

"Oh, what a bummer. I don't like were this is going." John says.

"I'm gonna stop by the mall later to grab better clothes. You're coming too, right?" Seraphina asks.

"Huuhh.... I a-actually have some stuff to do..." John says while scratching his face.

"Woooow... You're really gonna make me go all alone, huh?" Seraphina says while putting pressure on John.

"Dfuk, nobody's making you do anything......" John mumbles. "...."

"So that's a yes?" Seraphina asks.

"That Juni girl, did you see her?"

"No, but what's all the fuss about?"

"She was lying in the middle of the hallway yesterday. They even had to hospitalize her!"

"What? Did she get caught in a crossfire?!"

"No, some people saw her freaking out in the cafeteria over somebody chasing after her. She was definitely being targeted." a female says.

"Ew, so creepy!" another female says.

"Yeah, I know. First Zeke and now this mid-tier. Sure hope that's the end of it."

"..." Seraphina listens.

"Hey Sera. Don't bother listening to that crap." John says.

"Hm?" Seraphina looks at John.

"No point in scaring yourself with all these crazy rumors. We already have enough to deal with as it is." John says.

Yeah, but what if the guy comes for one of us? Or more likely, me. I just lost my ability." Seraphina looks down. "That makes me the perfect target."

John smiles. "Nah, he wouldn't."

"Oh, and how can you be sure?" Seraphina asks.

"Eh, just a feeling." John says. 'I will never hurt you. Not after yesterday.' John smiles. "Come on, let's head to class before we're late!" John begins to run.

"...." 'John, you make me happy. You belong in my heart.' Seraphina thinks as she smiles. "Hey, wait up!" Seraphina runs after John.

The two smile.

*Other hallway*
Zane and Zari listened on the gossip.

"So Juni was his doing?" Zari asks.

"Yup. Honestly, she kinda deserved it. She posted the article about Seraphina. Karma is a bitch you know." Zane says.

"I know. You know John and Seraphina went to first base." Zari smirks.

Zane looks at Zari with an eyebrow up. "Really now?"

"Uh huh." Zari takes out her phone and shows her brother the image.

Zane looks surprised.

[Picture]
John and Seraphina were kissing in the night.

"That sly dog. I knew John had it in him." Zane chuckles.

Zari puts away her phone. "Yeah. I'm proud of them. But, they aren't dating which makes me sad. I was hoping that it would happen."

"They'll get there. Just give it time sis." Zane says. "By the way, how did you get the picture?"

"Oh! The executives took it when they were following them last night." Zari says.

"I see. Looks like the situation is worse if it attracts two of the executives." Zane says.

"Indeed. So much is going on. Hopefully we can defuse the situation sooner rather than later. Lex has been speeding to the locations every time we find a location. They keep moving. We need a plan." Zari says.

"And we will get started with it. But I need to speak with John about getting a damn phone." Zane sighs.

"Oh don't worry. I'm sure he'll get one..... Hopefully. Even mother asked that question." Zari says. "In the mean time, I'm sending the picture in the group chat. Hehehehe!" Zari takes out her phone and opens the app to the group chat. She sends the picture.

Group Chat: Wellston Crew! :)
[Picture]
John and Seraphina were kissing in the night.

Marlize: How cute!!!!!

Otto: Nice!

Rosita: Ha! I win the bet Amy!

Amy: Dammit! I didn't think they would kiss this soon. >:(

Lex: Well at least they kissed on their own terms.

Zane: I was surprised that it happened. Luckily I didn't bet with Rosita.

Rosita: I know. I would've gotten more money :)

Marik: Oh nice! Seraphina and John did it.

Iris: I wonder if they are dating yet?

Zari: No. Not yet :(

Mili: But soon though!

Zack: Agreed.

Rosita: I want my $110 Amy!!!

Amy: *makes a graveyard for my $110* Fine! :(

Zari: Lol

Zane: Alright. Enough being in the group chat. We got school so get going!

Rosita: Well your no fun Zane :p

Zane and Zari put their phones away.