forty one

"Lupin, Remus"

Remus shifted nervously before Lyra shot him reassuring look, which calmed his nerves down lightly.

"Go on, Remmy." She squeezed his hands tightly before gently pushing him towards the stage.

Remus walked over there, suddenly feeling a bit overwhelmed from all the attention, he glanced to the side and caught Lyra's eyes, which gave him a bit of confidence. He cleared his throat awkwardly before taking a deep breath.

"Um- Hello everyone. I really don't know what to say because I'm not quite prepared for a speech. I'll just speak my mind."

"The day I entered this school is the day that changed my life, and I'm sure it's the same thing to every other student here. But it's different for me because, I'm genuinely grateful that I have a chance to attend this school. As a child, I've always been quiet and shy, but when I met three other boys in the Hogwarts Express, my life changed completely. Those three boys have been my anchor, and believe me when I say that they are the best friends you could ever ask for. We may fight over small things, we may be polar opposites, we may have different opinions, but we will always be a family. Those three, are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. The things they've done for me, you can't imagine. Some of you might think of us as some naughty teenagers who loves pranking, and sometimes see us as annoying. I do agree, we could be a little.. hard to handle, sometimes, especially James and Sirius, but we're a family, and we do everything for each other. I've always doubted myself, always feeling insecure, and I've struggled to find myself, but I did, and it's thanks to those three, and of course, my best friend, my other half, my sister, and my everything." Remus chuckled quietly,

"Lyra, you really don't know how much you mean to me. You've always been the one I go to whenever I needed someone to talk to, and you've never failed to be there for me. You've looked out for me since day one, and you're always there to encourage me. And honestly, we all know I'm your favorite person. You've trusted me with every secret you have, and you told me everything. And that day, I knew you were my other half. You really don't know how thankful I am to have you in my life, you're the best friend anyone could ask for. You often forget to think about yourself because you're too busy taking care of others, and I'll always be there to scold you when you do that. There are no secrets between us, and I know how hard it is for you to open up sometimes. But I just want you to know that you mean the world to me and a couple others. Thank you for being you, I owe you everything I have. And to every Professor here, thank you for dealing with me and my mates, I know we're not the easiest to deal with. This is my goodbye to Hogwarts as a student, but this place will forever be in my heart." He finished.

A round of applause echoed throughout the room, and Remus joined his boyfriend on the other side of the hall who gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

"Pettigrew, Peter."

Surprisingly, Peter went up confidently, and he cleared his throat before starting his speech.

"Good evening to every single person in this room. I want to start this off by saying, that I'm not the same person I was when I first arrived here. A lot has happened, and I'm glad those things happened. When I first joined Hogwarts, I was a scared little boy who looked for validation to his friends. I knew I had the best friends I would do anything for. Hogwarts shaped me to the person I am today. The first few months here, I was incapable of doing anything correctly, I tail along people, always feeling that I was living under their shadow. But that changed when Lyra confronted me about it. I'm proud to say that she changed me to who I really am. She helped me find myself, and everything I know, I learned from her. I look up to her, as does everyone else who attends Hogwarts. She's changed so many lives, and she's not even aware of it. Ly, you've changed this place into a better place, and I do know that every single student here agrees. And to my best mates, thank you for being my brothers. You've taught me how to live my life to the fullest, you've brought so much happiness to me and a lot of other people. I am grateful to call each one of you my best friends. To my Professors, I apologize on the Marauders' behalf, we've been nothing but trouble, and I sincerely apologize for that, but if I could change it, I wouldn't. The memories I've had in this place, brings me endless happiness. Thank you, Hogwarts." He finished.