23

Lexi

Time is so fast when you're dating a professional football player. Between away games and training camps, spring sessions and press conferences, there almost seems like no downtime. My work has shifted and now I manage our finances, as well as his schedule. Some may say I'm his 'manager' and Olivia thinks it's hilarious. Harry appreciates how I'm able to help keep his priorities straight. My mom absolutely loves how many games she gets to go to now. It's a family effort and I love it.

My phone rings and I set down my glass of wine, my eyes reading Hadley's name on the screen.

"What's up, Had?" I ask, trying to gauge what our conversation will be.

"Are you around Judd, because I need girl advice?" she tells me, and I smile. I love talking boys with her.

"He's at practice. Are you alright?" I wonder, and I hear her take a deep breath.

"Do you know Hank Rogers?" she asks, and I think back. He was always one of Judd's friends that was nice to me. Joe hated me, and he had a reason to. The thought makes me want to laugh.

"Italian hunk that Judd was friends with?" I ask her, and she agrees.

"Why you asking?" I wonder, curious as to how they may have crossed paths.

"He's my roommates' older brother and he, um, he gave me his number today," she tells me, my jaw dropping. Oh my fuck, Judd is gonna flip his shit. I collect myself before I think of what would happen. Hank really wasn't one for sleeping around, so I'm sure it's not that bad if she texts him.

"He was a year younger than Judd. He's twenty four, maybe twenty five. All I know is that he was the youngest of the group; nice guy, too. I say go for it," I explain, and she sighs.

"Okay. Thanks, I'm just nervous," she tells me, and I smile.

"Go for it, what do you have to lose?" I encourage, and she thanks me again. I hang up the phone and take a seat on the couch.

I smile to myself, knowing this should be fun.

When Judd gets home, I decide not to bring it up, feeling as though Hadley should be the one to tell him. It's not my place to say anything.

"How was practice?" I ask, his body falling onto the couch. He rests his head in my lap.

"It was good. I have a good feeling about the game on Sunday," he tells me, my lips curving. I lean down and kiss his forehead, running my fingers through his hair.

"God, that feels so good," he smiles, closing his eyes as I play with his curls.

"I love playing with your curls," I beam, his smile releasing a soft laugh.

"Do you want to go out for dinner? I know it's late but I'm starving," he tells me and I agree. We get ready and he suggests what I should wear, my body clad in his favorite jeans of mine.

"I like your ass in these," he tells me, squeezing my butt as I walk to get my jacket.

"Well, I like your ass too," I tell him, slapping his butt as he walks out the door. The two of us laugh and we go down to the garage, getting into his truck.

"How was your day?" he asks, kissing me before he starts driving. Then he sets a hand on my thigh.

"It was good. Very relaxing," I tell him, his hand squeezing mine.

"I'm happy you're always there when I come home. You have no idea." I look over at him and he glances at me, smiling over.

"I'm always here for you, baby," I grin, his hand steering the wheel down the street.

"Will you go with me to Houston next week?" he asks, and I agree.

"You don't have to ask me, Judd. I'm always going to be there for you," I remind him. "As long as I'm in the box and I can bring my mom. She's always wanted to visit Houston."

He chuckles and tells me she's always welcome, his hands parking the car. We get out and walk into the restaurant, my hand holding his tightly. Judd asks for a room away from people, the hostess agreeing with a smile. I can see a few people looking our way, but we're used to it.

"I found a few houses, if you want to take a look at them," he tells me, and I nod. We've been trying to find a house for a few months now, figuring we can't live in an apartment for the rest our lives.

"Where are they?" I ask, and he explains they're just outside of Los Angeles. I'm interested, but I just hope it's not going to be a huge house. I'm not looking to live in a house where I feel like I'll be living in a museum.

"We can look at them when we get home. None of them are too extravagant because I know you don't want one too big," he says, biting his lower lip. He has a certain look on his face and I tilt my head, his eyes looking into mine.

"What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" I ask, his dimples pressing to his cheeks as he smiles.

"I was just thinking about something," he tells me, and then the waitress comes. She takes our orders and walks away, my hand reaching across the table.

"I did not forget. Tell me what you were thinking," I encourage and he squeezes my hand.

"Well, the houses I found have a few rooms to them. Four to five," he explains, and I nod. That's a lot of rooms for only two people, but I want to know where he's going.

"I just was thinking about stuff but I don't want to freak you out," he tries and I brush my thumb against the back of my hand. I think about what he's said and it doesn't take long for me to finally figure out what he's getting at.

"You want babies," I say and he slightly smiles. I smile too, and I take in the blush forming on his cheeks.

"I mean, it's ultimately up to you because it's you, you know, um, carrying them, but like," he says, and I stop him.

"Judd, hey," I say, his eyes looking into mine. "Look, I've thought about having babies too. I have since I was little. We can try when we feel the time's ready."

The biggest smile covers his lips and he gets out of his chair, coming over to me and grabbing my face. He kisses me and I smile, giving him a hug after.

"Have I told you I love you yet?" he whispers, my arms hugging him tightly.

"All the time baby. And I love you too."