𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. MCGONAGALL'S WIN

CHAPTER EIGHTEENMCGONAGALL'S WIN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
MCGONAGALL'S WIN

§ § §

"No fucking way," I whispered, tears blurring my vision. Eli always brought out the best of my profanity.

"Yes way, you whore!" Eli exclaimed, and next thing I knew, I was wrapped in his arms, feeling happier than I had since the whole war started.

I didn't even bother stopping my tears as I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him back. Eli always managed to make everything better.

Even though his face was buried in my hair, I could still hear him when he spoke. "How many times, Giovanna Lily Potter? How many times have I told you to stay safe and not leave me?"

"I'm sorry," I whispered, holding him close. "I had to. I've missed you every day."

"Who wouldn't?" Eli joked, but when we pulled away, I could see the sadness in his eyes. "It was rough without you. Bitch," he added, giving a halfhearted wink.

I smiled sadly and hugged him again. "I know. I love you so much, Eli, and I'm sorry I left without saying anything. I won't leave again."

He grinned as we stepped apart. "We both know that's a lie."

Smirking, I shrugged, and then looked at Harry, who was still staring at Ginny. Ginny blinked and remembered what she was going to say.

"Snape knows. He knows Harry and Giovanna were spotted in Hogsmeade."

All eyes turned to Harry and I, looking for what to do next. I gulped and looked at Eli, who was crossing his arms, a smirk on his face.

"Your call, asswipes."

It felt oddly sentimental to be dressing in Hogwarts robes again. Snape was calling all the students into the Great Hall, and Harry and I were to go in undercover.

Draco, Ron, and Hermione would wait for the Order to show up, then go in with them.

"Have I mentioned how much I hate this color?" Draco muttered as he buttoned up my Gryffindor robes.

"Have I mentioned I can button my own robes?" I raised my eyebrows, but Draco grinned and ignored me.

When the robes were done, he pulled me into a hug, resting his chin on my head, "Be careful, okay? Don't be stupid."

"I'm never stupid."

"You're always stupid."

"Love you too."

Draco laughed and pulled away from the hug as Eli walked over to us. Draco held out his hand, and the two boys did a very complicated handshake I had never seen before.