scene x

O C T O B E R, 1 9 7 5

H I S T O R Y O F M A G I C

RESTING HER HEAD on Remus's shoulder, Venus tried her best not to fall asleep as Professor Binns talked. Her eyelids were heavy, since the full moon was so close.

Most of her energy was drained since she had helped James with an elaborated prank on Lucius, until 3 in the morning.

"Ms. Lupin", the ghost said as she suddenly stood up straight on her chair. "Yes professor?", she tried to sound interested as the marauders tried not to laugh to loudly.

"Can you tell me about the Werewolf Code of Conduct?"

The old man asked as all colour drained from the twins faces. Of course it had to be that question.

"Erm..it was a set of rules outlining the erm... responsibilities of werewolves. It was to prevent any possible erm... attacks by locking them every month"

The girl said with a shaky voice as her brother tightened his grip on her hand.

"Thank you, you will need to write 10 inch on why that system failed for next class"

The man said before turning back to his lesson.

"Are you okay?", James whispered to the twins who turned around to look at him. "y-eah", the two crowed at the same time before giving them a quick smile.

"Hey, we're always going to be here for you guys"

Sirius stated as the two Lupin's turned back around.

"We have to do something"

James whispered to his two other best friends. "We need to help them", he followed as Peter raised a confused eyebrow.

"It's not like we can become an animagus and help them through their transformation"

The sandy haired boy said as Sirius's eyes widened. "Peter, you brilliant bastard", he told the boy who looked at him confused like never.

"What?"

Peter asked as Sirius took a piece of parchment out.

"Operation animagus is on"

"Fuck no!"

Remus shouted as his twin frowned her eyebrows. "No. No. You're not becoming animagi because of us", she followed as the boys rolled their eyes.

"Why not?"

Sirius asked as Venus scoffed in disbelief.

"Maybe because it's fucking illegal!"

She stated as the boy smirked. "And? Has that ever stopped us before?", James followed as he knew Sirius would say a cheeky comment.

"It's not the same thing, James. You could go to Azkaban for it"

Remus told his friends seriously which caused them to chuckle softly. "I'm serious guys", the werewolf said as Sirius looked at him in disbelief.

"No, I'm Sirius"

The Black stated which caused the Lupin girl to pinch the bridge of her nose. "I will hurt you if you say that stupid joke one more time, Black", she mumbled which caused a proud smile on Sirius's face.

The trio, after getting scowled by the Lupin twins, made their way to the library.

"Dude, why does it look like that?"

Sirius asked while looking at the numerous alleys filled with books. "Maybe because it's a library", a man's voice said as they waved at the librarian.

The man sent them a confused look before adjusting his glasses.

Most students looked at the trio, confused like no other.

Sirius Black and James Potter had never, in their 5 years at Hogwarts, put a foot in the library.

They always dreaded the silence place, saying it wasn't fun to be in. Peter quickly started looking through the alleys.

"How do you even know where to look?"

Sirius asked the short boy who shrugged. "Remus comes here often", he stated as the boys sat on the floor, waiting for Peter to find the book. "Got it!", he almost shouted if Mr Sargon hadn't sent him a glare.

"Perfect, let's take it and dip. I cant spend another minute in here"

James said followed by a vigorous head nod from Sirius.

Venus saw three boys walk inside the common room, her arms were crossed and her eyes felt like they could kill someone.

"Shit"

Sirius whispered trying desperately to not anger the girl for the fourth time in 2 days. "Why were you in the library?", she asked trying to sound calm as her twin brother closed his book.

"We just wanted to look around"

James almost whispered as Remus took his wand out. "Accio book", he said as the heavy book lifted in the air and into his hands.

"Animagi and how to turn into one"

He read off as Venus scoffed.

"Could you lots be anymore discreet?"

She asked as James shrugged.

"Look, I know you guys don't want us to do it. But we are going to. You mean a lot to all of us, we want to help"

"It isn't fair that you have to go through all of it alone. So, please, just let us help"

James and Sirius finished each other's speech which caused a small smile on the twins faces.

"Being there. With us. That's dangerous. More then you think"

Remus stated as the three boys threw themselves at their feet.

"Please. Please let us help. Please", they pleaded as Venus sighed.

"You lots are so dramatic", she whispered as James gasped loudly.

"Says the girl who threw a brick at Malfoy"

He said as she laughed before getting up.

"And I'll do it again."

ik ik doesn't make
a lot of sense bc they
are suppose to turn
on their 5th year
(according to pottermore)

but this is my story. sooo
yeah. but they will still
turn in their 5th year while
venus and remus study for
their owls.

but also filler chapter ;)