CHAPTER XVI

~ * ~

"Oh my, Riddle! You're super crazy cute today~!" The cheerful third year smiled nervously, hoping the male would forget what Ace said.

The dorm leader, however, did not fall for it. 

"Hmph, Cater, if you talk too much, it's going to cost you your head."

"Hey now, gimme a break!"

"Fungah! This is the guy who put that weird collar on me during the entrance exam!" Grim pointed his paw at the red-haired male. 

"You're the freshmen that caused all that fuss about expulsion yesterday." Riddle recognized, crossing his arms at Grim's words. 

"Will you stop calling someone's Unique Magic a so-called, "weird collar"? For goodness sake, the dean is soft. If you forgive rule breakers, the entire system will only collapse. All you have to do is cut the heads off of those who don't follow the rules."

The red-haired male turned his head to (Y/N).

"And that includes you." 

"Perhaps, you were brought by mistake. Even so, the most you could do is not cause trouble."

"As shown by the attitude of your familiar, you do not seem to have discipline as the familiar reflects their master. You don't have a spark of magic as well, how pitiful." He spoke as well as being haughty, irritating the monster and the girl. 

"First off, Grim is my companion, not a familiar." She started, biting her tongue before continuing. 

"Second, the stories you have heard of me are oh so incomplete. However, even if they are not, how does that make you any better? Your actions won't be any different." 

"A troublemaker troubling another troublemaker." 

"Don't compare me to the likes of you," Riddle glared.

"Last of all," (Y/N) carried on, ignoring him. "It is not my fault for being magicless."

"You dare talk back?"

"It was an explanation." 

"Hey now, let's all calm down a little." Trey said, quick to intervene as he noticed the tense atmosphere. 

Luckily, the Heartslabyul dorm leader listened. 

Ace, however, decided to start again. 

"By the way, dorm leader, is there any way for you to. . let's say, remove this collar?" He asked despite him knowing how tense it was. 

"I was going to if you have learned your lesson, but it does not seem to be the case with your words. Keep it on for a while longer."

"Don't worry, as first years, fundamentals will be your lessons. The use of magic won't be involved. Trouble won't occur because of you again, isn't that great?"