Blame

Sree

I was depressed after that incident. I thought Vikram would complain to Hari but he didn't say anything. I wanted to get out of this project and asked Hari, but he denied. I thought I should quit this company. I wanted to search for a new job. But meanwhile I had to do this project.

The week passed. Vikram had come to our office that day. I kept myself occupied in my work. I wanted to finish this project as fast as possible and get rid of it. I especially didn't want to see Vikram .

So I told Hari, I wasn't well and won't attend the meeting. That's when sumitra, a colleague came up to me.

" Sree, I wanted to tell you something. That day of your first demo, I saw Malini near your desk, when everyone had gone for lunch. She didn't see me. I wasn't sure what she was doing, but thought I had to tell you", she told and left.

So was it Malini who deleted the files. But how did she know the password and why did she do it!, I didn't understand. She had always been rude to me and hated me, I had no idea why. I had to confront her, How dare she.

In my anger, I walked to her desk. she wasn't there. I searched and found her speaking to Vikram in the meeting room. She was smiling.
"What was she doing with him". I didn't want to go in while he was in, so I waited till he left. As soon as he left, I went inside.

"Malini! Did you do it, did you delete my files and tamper with my work", I asked her.

" What are you talking about Sree, I have lots of work to do, if you can move", she said moving past me

" Wait! You haven't answered my question, I want to know if you did it, and I want to know why you hate me so much "

" What if I did that, why do you care Sree , do you have any proof" she smirked.

"So it's you... ",I said.

" I never said that,  you think you are so perfect and so good, don't you? the sweet Sree who everyone likes, no you are not , you are fake.. ", she said.

I stood there staring at her as if she was out of her mind, perhaps she was. What was she even saying, why was she even saying these things. Now I was sure she was the one who did that and she was talking back at me!

" Malini, you spoiled my work, because you were, I don't know jealous of me? now you are speaking nonsense, I want you to confess in front of everyone or I'm going to go and complaint. ", I said feeling so angry.

"What complaint? ",
Ya he had to come in now, Vikram, he came to retrieve his file he had left in the room.
I didn't look at him. I didn't want to.

"Vikram sir, this Sree is blaming me for messing with her work and the files, I told you right sir, that she doesn't like me. She is trying to make me confess for something I didn't do, ", said Malini tears coming out of her eyes.

I was shocked at what a great actress she was.
" You lier! You ..", I shouted and Vikram intervened before I could complete.

" Sree don't blame others for your mistake, do you have any proof that Malini did this ", asked Vikram

" One of my colleague saw her near my computer on that day.", I said.

"How is that a proof, just because she saw Malini doesn't mean she would have done it, you can't simply blame someone just like that", Vikram said.
Omg he was supporting her. I totally lost my cool.

" Excuse me sir, I was talking to Malini and I was going to inform my manager about it. You aren't my boss, you are my temporary client. And you blamed me without any proof, I have a little proof, so I have the rights to stand up for something wrong against me", i said  glaring at Vikram.