Chapter 2: She has a dream

You, Angel, Vaggie and Charlie were in the Limousine speeding back towards Charlie's passion project; The Happy Hotel. Charlie was in a depressed fetal position. Angel was playing with the divider. You were cleaning the barrel of your service pistol. Vaggie was shooting both you and Angel a contemptuous glare.

Angel: What?

Vaggie: "What?" "What?!" WHAT WERE YOU DOING?!

Angel: I owned my girl buddy a solid. Isn't that a redeeming quality? Helping friends with stuff?

Vaggie: Not with turf wars that result in territorial genocide! 

She turns to you.

Vaggie: And you! Do you have any idea how pathetic you made us look?! 

Y/N: Uhhhh...what?

Vaggie: We were supposed to advertise the hotel on TV, idiota! Those bastards on 666 news turned us into a laughing stock!

Y/N: Who cares if some homophobic bitch and gas-mask wearing Simp laugh at you? They're already shitty people.

Angel: He has a point.

Vaggie: Shut up!

Y/N: Look, I'm sorry. Alright? I didn't mean to mess up your Real Estate proposition or whatever.

Vaggie: (Practically growling) It wasn't about Real Estate! We're trying to redeem people!

Y/N: Wait. You actually think that you can redeem sinners?

Charlie: Yes.

You try really hard to stifle a laugh. Vaggie glares at you while Charlie sighs. 

Y/N: (guiltily) Sorry.

Vaggie: This is all just a big fucking joke to you, isn't it? You're just like the rest of them.

Y/N: I said "I'm sorry".

Vaggie: Yeah. Right after you giggled.

Y/N: What is your problem with me?

Vaggie: My 'problem' is that people like you constantly treat people like Charlie with zero respect. 

Y/N: (frustrated) You don't know the first thing about me! You think I enjoy having a reputation as an idiot playing hero at best, and a psychotic Vigilante at worst? I don't! Killing sinners doesn't give me any satisfaction, it just makes me feel even more hollow on the inside. I was a Cop, for God's sake! A damn good one! Until I was framed for a crime that I never committed. By my partner. The person who I was supposed to have absolute trust in. The person who I was supposed to believe would always have my back. My fiancee left me, my family disowned me, I served a year in jail until I broke out to kill the bastard who ruined my life...and for what? 

You turned away and exhaled in a mixture of anger and sadness.

Vaggie: *Instant regret*