Chapter 1

(Y/n) Galad sat in the meditation room of the Jedi Temple, clearing her mind as she meditated. She felt the Force flowing through her... calming her mind. Hearing the door slide open, she opened her eyes to see who it was.

"(Y/n), you are requested to present yourself to the Council" the deep voice of her master, Plo Koon, spoke.

"Yes, Master"

The girl followed her master out and towards the direction of the Council room. On the way, (Y/n)'s pointed ears could hear the voices of the other Jedi. You see, (Y/n) was an elf from Rivendell. They were known for having very good eyes, ears, and for being incredible warriors. Entering the room, Master Plo went to sit in his seat on the Jedi Council. To be on the Council was a great honor, and (Y/n) hoped that she could sit in one of those chairs one day.

"Padawan Galad. On a mission, we must send you" the voice of Master Yoda spoke as (Y/n) stood in the center of the Jedi Council.

"There is a possible threat to Queen Amidala's life on Naboo." Master Mace Windu took over. "We have already sent two ambassadors to settle the conflict between the Trade Federation and the planet, but in case they do not come to an agreement, we need you to protect the Queen's life. Prepare to leave immediately. There can be no delay"

"Of course, Masters. I understand" (Y/n) said, and bowed to the Master Jedi. She was excused from the meeting and went to prepare herself for this mission.

Reaching her room, (Y/n) began to pack her bag for her journey. Once she finished, she clipped her lightsaber to her belt and grabbed her necklace.

The necklace had always been a sort of good luck charm for (Y/n)

The necklace had always been a sort of good luck charm for (Y/n). It was from her home planet, the only thing that was brought with her when she left to become a Jedi. She clasped the necklace on, and left to go to the ship hangar. When she got there, her legs got hit by her astro-droid.

"Whoa! R3!" (Y/n) said as the blue and black droid backed up to look at her. Her droid, R3-E7 beeped happily, and luckily, (Y/n) could understand what he was saying.

"Three days is not that long! Well, lucky for you, I have a new mission. We're going to Naboo. Hop on that ship, R3. Get it ready!"

R3 dropped into his droid seat, and (Y/n) hopped in the pilot's seat. Starting up the ship, she exited the hanger, and flew up, out of Coruscant's atmosphere. (Y/n) was a pretty good pilot, better than most.

When she reached out of Coruscant's atmosphere, she attached to a hyperspace ring, hit the hyperdrive, and was on her way to Naboo.

~~~~~~~~~~

After a couple hours of flying, (Y/n) got out of hyperspace, and saw the beautiful planet of Naboo. It was someplace she always wanted to visit, but now was not the time for sight seeing. This Jedi had a job to do. She contacted the Queen's castle hanger so she wouldn't be shot down by their defenses.

"You have entered Naboo's atmosphere, please identify yourself" said the voice on the other end of the com.

"This is Jedi Padawan (Y/n) Galad, requesting permission to land" she said.

"Wait one moment, please." There was some silence for a second, and then the voice said, "Request granted. You have permission to land. Please enter through the main hangar."

"Thank you." (Y/n) cut off the link and entered the capital city of Naboo, Theed. Once she landed, she was greeted by the Captain of the Queen's Guard, who was waiting by a large silver Nubian ship.

"Hello. I'm Captain Panaka. I am here to escort you to the Queen" he said.

"Thank you, Captain. The sooner we get there, the better" (Y/n) said.

The captain led the Padawan down many grand halls, and she was having a difficult time concealing her awe. Naboo really was a gorgeous planet with incredible architecture. Captain Panaka reached a large door, typed in a security code, and the door rose to reveal the throne room for the Queen. And in the throne, Queen Amidala sat discussing the trade disputes with her own Council.

"Your Highness, your Jedi protector has arrived" Panaka stated, and all the eyes in the room turned to the two who just entered.

"Thank you, Captain." Queen Amidala said, "And thank you, Padawan Jedi, for coming in such short notice"

"It is my honor, Your Highness. I will do my duty to protect you as best I can" (Y/n) said, bowing. The Queen gestured for her to join her side, and the elven girl did as the Council members kept talking. They decided to try and send a transmission to the Trade Federation ship where the Viceroy was present.

"It's Queen Amidala herself!" said the Neimoidian beside the Viceroy.

"At last we are getting results" Viceroy Gunray said. "Again you come before us, Your Highness."

"You will not be so pleased when you hear what I have to say, Viceroy. Your trade boycott of our planet has ended."

"I was not aware of such failure." the Viceroy said.

"I have word that the Chancellor's ambassadors are with you now, and that you have been commanded to reach settlement" The Queen stated.

"I know nothing of any ambassadors. You must be mistaken." The Viceroy said, trying to snake his way out of this situation. (Y/n) knew that the Jedi ambassadors were on the ship.

"Beware, Viceroy. The Federation has gone too far this time."

"We would never do anything without the approval of the Senate. You assume too much."

"We will see."

With that, Queen Amidala ended the transmission. They contacted Senator Palpatine of the Naboo to find out if the Senate did indeed approve anything from the Trade Federation.

"Negotiations haven't started because the ambassadors aren't there? How could that be true? I have assurances from the Chancellor his ambassadors did arrive. It must- negotiate- ambassadors- nobody would-" Palpatine's transmission began to distort and his words became jumbled and unidentifiable.

"Senator Palpatine. What's happening?" Queen Amidala pressed.

"Check the transmission generator" Panaka told another guard, who them contacted others to fix this problem.

"A communications disruption can mean only one thing: invasion" the Governor of Naboo, Sio Bibble, claimed.

"The Federation would not dare go that far." the Queen stated.

"The Senate would revoke their trade franchise, and they'd be finished." Panaka informed.

"We must continue to rely on negotiation."

"Negotiation? We've lost all communications. And where are the Chancellor's ambassadors?" Bibble asked.

"They arrived on that ship, I can assure you. Whatever happened after was out of their control" (Y/n) told the Council, who turned to look at her.

"This is a dangerous situation, Your Highness. Our security volunteers will be no match against a battle-hardened Federation army, even with a Jedi on our side" Panaka warned.

Queen Amidala thought for a moment, then said "I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war"

---------------

(A/n): sorry, short first chapter