forty three

Her ears were ringing from a recent explosion which threw her off. Everything happened like a blur, it was almost like she had no control of her body.

"It's okay, Mum. You're okay." Harry told her, brushing her hair.

"What happened?" She murmured softly, blinking the dust away.

"The barrier broke, most of the students left the Room of Requirement to fight-"

"What?! No!" Lyra exclaimed,

"You led the battle. No one's fatally injured yet, your core was drained, so I took over. You needed the rest." Harry told her firmly.

"I'm okay now, I'll take over." She assured him.

"Mum-"

"I'm fine, Harry, this is the final battle. We need to win this." She told him, pressing a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Okay. I'll take over when you're tired. Stay safe."

Her senses came back and she groaned in pain as she stood up, feeling blood trickle down the side of her forehead. She had no time to dwell on it for now. She had to find Riddle. Another explosion on the far side of the corridor occurred, and she turned to see the Prewett twins and Marlene fighting off 5 other Death Eaters.

"Fabian!" She yelled, flicking her wand when she noticed a flash of green light flying his way.

"Thanks, Hyperion!"

"Not a problem! Where's everyone else?"

"The entrance!" He answered, blocking another curse sent his way.

"Alright, can you handle this?"

"Yeah, go!"

"Stay safe!" She told them before leaving the trio to look for the Dark Lord himself.

On the way there, she passed Lily and Severus who were fighting off some Death Eaters with the other seventh years, then she passed Sirius who was back to back with Remus, dueling Bellatrix and Greyback.

"The bitch is mine!" Lyra yelled, shooting a spell to block another curse aimed her direction.

Instead of shooting a hex to Bellatrix, she jumped on the lunatic, who flailed around, trying to get the girl off her.

"Ly! What are you doing?!" Remus asked with wide eyes, seeing her on Bellatrix's back.

"She deserves to suffer." Lyra growled, using all the power she had to push her hands to her chest.

Surprisingly, she managed, and gripped the lunatic's heart, placing her lips close to her ear,

"I'll see you in hell." She whispered, before ripping her heart out.

Lyra then stared wide-eyes at what she had done.

"What the fuck?! How the fuck did I do that?!" She asked herself,

"No time to dwell on that, let's go!" Remus said after he sent the Killing Curse which hit Greyback square in the chest, pulling Lyra through the hallway.

What she saw was chaos, Remus immediately loosened his grip on her once they arrived at the scene, going over to help the others while Sirius headed to the other side. She saw dozens of body laying lifeless on the floor, and she had no time to find out if any of them were her friends, so she focused on her task at hand, finding Voldemort.

She ran towards the entrance, looking outside the castle where everyone else was fighting, and she noticed a fourth year rounded by a group of Death Eaters, she pointed her wand towards them and yelled,