Broken - Chapter 17

Namjoon

"Sir, Ms. Jang-Mi was served with the cease and desist letter." My assist was giving me an update. I had forgotten today was the day she was returning from her vacation.

"Good. Make sure that Jimin, Tae, and JK stay busy and away from the first floor. I don't wan her to get to them. Also inform all drivers to take the members home using the back entrance to our neighborhood. I don't want them to see her just in case she goes there."

"Will do Sir." My assistant left my office. I got my phone out of pocket, I wanted to give Bre a heads up. Shit I can't believe I forgot to let her know. I remembered Bre saying that Jang-Mi had visited her before she left and I didn't want her blindsided by another visit from her.

My calls went to voicemail. "What the hell, why is her phone off?" I tried to call her secretary but it just rung.

I called Jin. "Why didn't you remind me that Jang-Mi was coming back today?"

"Cause I am not your secretary or assistant Joon." Jin replied back.

"No need to be a smart ass. Did you say anything to Bre?"

"No I figured you talked to her so there was no need."

"Well I just don't want to be blindsided by Jang-Mi when she starts to make her rounds. You know how childish and demanding she is." I said. "Let me try texting her."

"Well Jang-Mi was here earlier. Security escorted her off the property." Jin said.

"Why the hell didn't anyone tell me?" I looked at Jin pissed.

"Look Joon I don't recall needing to bypass everything with you. I am just as capable of handling this. " Jin sat down on the couch.

"Well did you think that if she can't get to us, she might try to get to Bre?" Jin eyes got big.

"Fuck!"

"Exactly!" I picked up the phone and instructed the driver to get ready to head to Bre's office.

"Let's go, we can continue to call and text her on the way."

~~~

Bre

"Excuse me, sorry for my intrusion. Ms. Stone, you are required on the phone." The secretary said interrupting my meeting.

"I'm sorry for the interruption gentleman.  My assistant Xane, will continue with the presentation until I return."  I stepped out of the conference in a hurry, following behind the secretary.  She handed me the phone.

"Good afternoon, this is Ms. Stone." I said.

"Ms. Stone, I'm sorry....I know you said you weren't to be interrupted but..."  My secretary was stuttering. 

"This better be important.  You know how important this meeting is."  I scolded her.

"Yes ma'am, it is there is someone up here waiting for you and she said you wouldn't mind being interrupted. Ummmm."  She continued lower her voice even more to a whisper, "She said she is your sister wife."

This bitch I thought. 

"Okay, I will be up there in 5 minutes.  Let me apologize to my clients and talk to Xane.  If she gets disorderly, put her in my office just stay in there with her until I arrive.  I don't want her making a scene."

"Yes ma'am, will do"

I hung up with her.  I went into the conference room and profusely apologized for me needing to leave due to a "family emergency".  I assured my clients that Xane was well knowledgeable on everything that was being presented but if there were any questions or concerned I would make sure to address them timely..  I stepped out, giving a re-assuring nod and wink at Xane.