Forty Five: Ophelia

a/n: make sure to read chapters 42, 43 and 44 first :) 

February 25, 2020
Seoul, South Korea

[AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH]

He stares at me forever. 

Well, maybe it only lasts five seconds, but it really feels like forever. He just looks. His lips are pursed and his eyes are wide in shock as they trail over every aspect of my face. I wish I could hide even though I want nothing more than to leap over the table into his arms and never leave him. 

"Hyung," Jungkook whispers over to him. "Sign her album, you're scaring her." 

Rose stands beside me with Jungkook and looks over hesitantly at the two of us. I can see her nibbling on her lip, taking in his reaction to me. 

So far, it's underwhelming. It's nerve wracking, standing here under his seemingly scrutinizing gaze. I wish I could read his mind and know what he's thinking as he continues to stare at me. 

Seokjin's eyes drop to my tattoo and I feel a small flame of heat flicker beneath each dot on my skin. My heartbeat responds to his gaze at our soul connection and I swallow. He reaches a finger up, touching the soft knit of my sweater before he loops the tip into the neckline and pulls the fabric to the side forwardly. 

"Hyung!" Jungkook exclaims in shock before his eyes settle on my previously hidden skin. His eyes widen alarmingly and he looks up to my face. "No way..." 

Seokjin's eyes demand my attention again and I can't help but give it to him immediately. When we look at each other, his lips rise into a small, sweet smile. I choke a little bit—maybe I'm about to cry?—but I find myself starting to smile too. 

"It's you," he whispers. I don't even register what language he says it in because in the next second Kim Seokjin is jumping out of his chair and leaning across the table. 

He grabs my face in his hands. 

And he kisses me right on the lips. 

In front of two hundred ARMYs. 

343 words