Chapter 11: It all Began

I was currently sitting atop the roof of the school. The students were at their English class meaning I had some time to kill.

I was looking far out, just wasting time. I had all the time in the world, being immortal and all. I heard the door open and close carefully. The one coming up probably didn't want to disturb my peace.

"Y/N sir"

I smiled slightly when I recognized the voice. "Hey Yagi, what brings you here?" I asked, turning to look at the current number 1 hero. He was in his deflated form.

"I wanted your advice" he said nervously while taking a seat beside me.

"You never do change, Yagi. What can I help you with?"

"Sir, I believe All for One is back" Yagi said in a hushed voice.

"I figured as much. I knew that fight wouldn't bring him down" I sighed.

"I don't know what to tell young Midoriya. I don't mean to worry him at such a young age, but the dark times are coming quicker than I thought. And now the great evil is back, how am I supposed to tell him that? Am I supposed to hold off?"

"Holding off won't do anything at all, that's just delaying the inevitable. Yagi, he looks up to you, do you really want to wash away all the trust he's put in you just because you didn't talk to him?" I asked seriously.

"Of course not! It's just, what if I just scare him off? Would he really be able to handle the truth?"

"He's going to have to. This is his responsibility now, that is the burden of gaining One for All. This is his first few steps of being a hero. You can't hold him back from the truth. He's going to find out, either from you or from the guy himself"

"That's what I'm worried about. I have a favor to ask you"

"Let's hear it" I urged.

"You mentored me, you mentored my master and her master and the master before that one. Are you able to spare time for-"

"Nope, you know the drill Yagi" I cut off, making an X with my arms.

"Sir-"

"You tell Midoriya to ask me himself. You did it, Nana asked me herself as well as Daigoro. You know I only give advice for the people who want it" I responded while getting up from the seat. Yagi sighed, knowing I was right. Midoriya had to do things on his own, including asking me for help or guidance.

"Say, how's Torino doing by the way?" I asked, changing the subject.

"He's doing great. He mentored Midoriya during internships. I hate to say that young Midoriya has learned far more from Torino than he did with me, but he gained a good portion of his quirk under control" Yagi answered with a chuckle.

"Geez that guy doesn't stay down. Honestly surprised he didn't break Midoriya, considering the extent of the kids injures at the sports festival" I finished with a glare, pointed at one of my previous students. Yagi quickly reverted his gaze.

"S-sorry, that was my m-mistake sir!" Yagi apologized, fumbling over his words.

"You're damn right that was on you. I'm lucky Shota gave me a copy of the festival or else I wouldn't have seen how stupid Midoriya used his quirk"

"I wasn't fit to be a teacher" Yagi tried to come up with an excuse.

"No, you're just an idiot"

~🦋~

"So you're telling us, that Stalin performed one of the most horrific genocides in history?!" Kaminari yelled, slamming his fists on the desk.

"Did I stutter? The guy was bonkers" I answered.

"And you met him?!"

"Oh that, yeah I did. He too, was an asshole" I waved off, leaving the class dumbfounded.

The bell rang a few moments after, making the class all let out a sad sound. My class was their literal free time.

"Class dismissed" I said.

I sat down and watched everyone leave. Midoriya got up last and strolled up to me, letting his friends know he had to do something and to go on without him.

"Mr. Y/N sir, I have a request" Midoriya said in a shaky voice. Yagi told him sooner than I thought he would.

"All Might told me how you gave him guidance in the past, and that you still do. I wanted to ask you, if you can mentor me as well. I have questions about the past, as well as your quirk" Midoriya ranted, pulling up a chair. I smirked at him, this kid wanted to know it all.

"That's right, I mentored All Might as well as the previous holders. I'm more than happy to talk to you about anything, that's what I'm here for"

"Thank you so much! I really admire you, because you've fought in everything and made a huge difference in the outcome in many battles. Did you have a past with All for One though?" Midoriya asked, giving me his undivided attention. I sighed at this question.

"Yeah we had some history. I'm not sure if he still remembers me, he used to be pretty scared of me before. I made an impression a really long time ago"

"Was it a fight? How did you two meet?"

"It wasn't just a fight, it was a complete world war. It was when he first made his name known. Same with the first One for All user. I was there ever since the beginning"

"You even fought with the first user?! How did the fight go?! How long did it last?! How many quirks did All for One have at the time?!"

"Calm down, one question at a time" I laughed, causing him to look down in embarrassment. "Do you really want to know about the beginning of All for One? And the war?" I asked.

"I really do. If this might turn into my responsibility, I want to know his history. As well as yours"

"Alright then, I'll tell you everything. It all happened, after I just came back from my service in the military at the tender age of 18"

A/N: This chapter is just setting up the second half of Y/N's past