Chapter 34: Great Escapes

Once Dobby had confirmed Amora's worst fear, a loud pounding rang at the door

Once Dobby had confirmed Amora's worst fear, a loud pounding rang at the door. Cedric immediately grabbed Amora's arm as Harry swung the back door open. Panicked students flooded toward the exit as they sprinted away. Amora grasped Cedric's arm tightly, making not sure to let go as they were moved with the crowd.

"Cassie? Cassie!" Cedric shouted frantically, his stormy grey eyes searching the crowd. Before he could find her, a jet of light shot at them overhead. Some students shrieked as they ran towards the end of the hallway. Amora whirled around and grit her teeth in frustration.

"It's the bloody Inquisitorial Squad," she muttered to Cedric who nodded his head in acknowledgment. Cedric then tugged her along as the pair stumbled after the members.

"Get off of me!" A voice shouted. Amora glanced back and noticed a flash of red hair getting tackled to the ground. A sickening crack made Amora falter in her steps.

Amora whipped her wand out and before she could hesitate, she shouted, "Stupefy!"

Crabbe fell to the floor, wincing from her spell, as Fred stumbled to his feet and ran over to the pair.

"That piss stain messed up my arm. Thanks LeStrange, I guess I owe you one," Fred chuckled.

"Don't mention it," Amora told him as he ran down the hallway.

"Mores, we gotta get going," Cedric urged her. Before she could respond, a sharp pain exploded in her back. She fell to the ground, all of her limbs locking up and going stiff. She lay on the ground, helpless and quite scared as Cedric fell beside her.

"Shit! Sorry, Amora," Tyler's voice said. Amora was still slightly dazed as Draco rushed to her side.

"Come on, let's get her out of here before Umbridge sees her," Draco said. Together, Tyler and Draco lifted Amora by her arms and carried her away from the scene. Amora turned around, but her head was at a strange angle. Still, she was able to make out fellow members of the D.A. that had been left behind and were on the floor, in pain. She then saw Cedric on the floor, muttering something as he winced, trying to stand up.

"Please, we have to go get Cedric," Amora croaked out as she tried to wriggle out of Draco and Tyler's grasp. Tyler and Draco exchanged a glance that Amora couldn't read due to their faces remaining emotionless.

"He's not our problem," Tyler spat. Amora tried to get to him as she tried to move her legs, but they were limp, unable to function. All she was able to do was cry, and that's what she did. The tears streamed down her face as she helplessly watched an unmoving Cedric grow further and further away. Only ten minutes ago they were together with their patronuses and friends. How did the night go so wrong?

Cedric, on the other hand, was quite content where he was. He watched Tyler and Draco carry Amora away and silently thanked them. He didn't care what happened to him, as long as he knew that she was safe.