[ 06; fred ]

"JACY BROUGHT BACK LETTERS!"
Said James, looking up at the barn owl, who indeed held a few envelopes in her beak.

"For me!" Lucy interrupted, swiftly catching all of them into her own hand, "Hm... let's see..."

"Stewart! Stewart! Oi, Stewart!" James said, resorting to putting an arm around her to lean closer, while the other seized for the letters, their laughter filling the air, naturally causing a disturbance. Not the biggest of them, but a disturbance, nonetheless.

So, Fred just couldn't concentrate on turning his orange juice into apple. He was certain if the two bothered to pay the slightest bit of attention, they'd notice he'd been analysing for at least two minutes straight, but of course, they would not know, unless maybe he stood up on the table and put on a show.

He looked to his side, Thomas was still eagerly chatting away with Hannah, a conversation which Fred himself had been a participant in, originally. Beside Hannah, Harriet Finch-Fletchley gave Fred a bright wave, which he failed to notice, being too far away in his own thoughts.

Yes, this was a thing. It most definitely was a thing. How could it not be? It was James. It was James and Lucy. It probably had been a thing for longer, much longer than he cared to acknowledge. It worried him the slightest, the slightest of bits. Naturally, the solution to stop that itch was, to simply stop thinking of it.

Easier said than done!

Apparently, and to Fred's dismay, his thoughts were louder than he expected. By Dumbledore, at this rate, he might as well pass for a Ravenclaw! Had Ravenclaw been the Sorting Hat's second choice for him, perhaps? Anyone that knew him would claim there was no other option for him other than Gryffindor, and how could he complain? There was no better house. He could hardly breathe until the hat yelled his house out, who would he have been if it was anything other than Gryffindor?

Not Fred Weasley, that was for sure.

However, speaking of Ravenclaw, he looked ahead to their table to do an innocent round of longing gazes to further prove his love and- oh shit! Oh shit! She was already looking!

On instinct, Fred almost ducked under the table, he could not have said why, only that this was his first thought. Luckily, he reconsidered, and met Aurora's eyes instead. She smiled, and though he knew little to nothing of princesses, it was obvious, they smiled like she did. She could well be one, at the very least be related to one. His little crush brought him the ethereal feeling of wanting to be with her- if she'd let him touch her, well, who would ever complain? But, if not, just being around her would be quite splendid, all too splendind. He was starting to think it was possible that his Howler at the beginning of term didn't exactly convey that sentiment.

"Padfoot, would you stop eye-fucking Aurora Blanc, please?"

James wore a shit eating grin on his face, and he hadn't bothered to look at him. His attention remained on the two letters he now held in his hands, his body still turned to Lucy, instead of sitting normally.

"James, would you stay still, just one bugging moment?" Lucy said, tugging on his undone tie, which she had decided to fix, at some unknown point in time.

"Just one buggin' moment." He agreed, proudly, puffing his chest out.

Hypocrite.