𝐂.17

skimming just above 

HEADING BACK TO THE CHATEAU, Marty and JJ carry their friend drunk and wounded John B on their shoulders. Their trip sobered the two teenagers real fast, it was a struggle helping their orphaned friend retain consciousness. Martha was worried that he had a concussion, and he couldn't pass out under any circumstances.

Climbing up the broken wooden stairs was the hardest thing to ever do. Somehow along the way, John B had lost his shoes treading through the muddy sand. John B was fixated on not getting a splitter, he was so adamant that he didn't even wanna try to go up the old beach planks.

"Come on, you big ass baby," JJ groans as he picks up his friend piggyback style. "Weeee" Johnny yells in excitement when he is heaved onto his friend's back.

Martha giggles, jogging ahead to open the front door for the boys and then the door to John B's room.

JJ practically throws John B on the bed. The sudden impact makes John B groan and whines about his eye and his head. "McFly and I should've let Topper drown you if you were gonna bitch about your eye," JJ scoffs before his eyebrows contort. He reaches behind him to massage his neck muscles before flinching at a wet substance found on his shoulder blade. "What the fuck is this? Did you drool on me?"

Marty stifles as laugh as John B snickers. "Whatever, I'm gonna get a bag of ice for that bruise, Martha keep him company, please?" JJ rolls his eyes before walking out of the room.

Martha sighs, plopping down next to her friend. She was tired from the eventful day. John B yawns, his head falling down onto Marty's lap like his own pillow.

"Martha?" John B whispers, turning his body to look up at his friend. "Are you gonna tell me that secret now?" he whines, pouting his bottom lip. "I felt left out the whole day."

She smiles down at him, his big chocolate puppy dog eyes watery from the bruise, and red from the saltwater.

"Remember the first night I came back to Outer Banks, the night of your party?" she bit her lip, trying to stop it from trembling. John B nods, waiting for her to go on.

"I-I" she sighs, tears falling down her face, "That was the night I was raped by Rafe Cameron."

A small gasp was let out by the boy underneath her. JJ had just returned, he was surprised that she decided to share her story but proud nonetheless.

"He threatened to kill me if I told anyone, but I had already told Nicki and Sarah," Martha sniffles, wiping away her tears. She had cried so much over the past week that it was like her skin was finally numb to the feeling. "And then Kiara and JJ found out pretty soon after I ran into him again. I am planning on filing a report, maybe they'll finally put his ass in jail."