Chapter 14

(Important question in Authors Note)

A smirk, that Elsie now didn't mind, began forming on Rory's face, "Elsie Figg, I have a preposition for you."

He stepped closer to the girl while placing a strand of her hair behind her ear, "How would you feel about being friends with...benefits?"

Elsie's jaw dropped at the words that came out of his mouth, causing a chuckle to emit from his lips.

Rory began explaining himself in a confident and composed manner, "It makes perfect sense, darling. We could make Potter jealous, while having a good time doing so. You see how he gets when we're even breathing the same air..." He paused for a second in order to bring his mouth up to her ear. "Now imagine how he would get if we were doing so much more than that," he whispered in a silky voice.

A shiver ran down her spine before she was able to stutter out, "I-I don't want to make him jealous. He's my friend, I can't do that to him. Besides, what's in it for you? Why do you want to help me?"

He took a step back from her so that he wasn't whispering in her ear anymore, "Because, Elsie. I'm tired of watching you pine after that twat and him being beyond oblivious to the effect he has on you."
A genuine expression took over his face as he began speaking again, "You are one of the most amazing people I know, and it's the least I can do to make it up to you. You deserve your happy ending."

"I don't know, Rory," she responded while nervously biting her lip.

"Think of it as a distraction. Making him jealous doesn't have to be your reason for doing this if you don't want to do that to him, but at least use me as a distraction from whenever he's being an oblivious git," he explained to the girl who seemed to be contemplating everything he was saying.

"You want me to use you?" She chuckled while trying to understand why anyone would want that.

He playfully rolled his eyes as he thought about what to respond. "Well, it's not like I wouldn't be consenting to anything. And I would've suggested fake-dating, but that involves too much lying and emotional attachments. I don't want you to have to go through that with me again, so I'm offering that we be friends with benefits," he began as a smirk formed on his face, "Plus, we'd both be getting a few good shags out of it." He winked at the girl who was now laughing again.

"Horny prat," she giggled under her breath.

Rory let out a chuckle at her comment before speaking again, "Listen, love. You don't need to answer now, but if you're ever open to it then come and find me."

She nodded her head in agreement as a breeze caused goosebumps to trail down her body. At seeing this, Rory immediately took off his jumper and handed it to the girl, "Here."

"I can't take your bloody jumper! You're going to be freezing," she laughed at the boy who was now only wearing a T-shirt and sweatpants.

"Yeah, well your precious Potter will have my head on a platter if you freeze to death," he chuckled, "so put it on."

Too cold to argue, Elsie slipped on his red jumper over her own T-shirt, immediately feeling warmth spread across her body. "Thank you."

"Any time, princess," he winked at her.

After becoming much more comfortable around Rory, Elsie decided she could finally be herself and play around with him.