Chapter 35 -Library mishaps-

After the ball I had decided to keep my hair black for three reasons. These three reasons go in the following order:

The first was that it looked fucking amazing.

The second was that it made me feel closer to Sirius in a way.

And the third was that I had received multiple compliments, one from a specific red head.

I tried to tell myself that the first two reasons were the main factors that prompted me for this decision. In spite of this, the third reason primarily made the idea of turning my hair back to silver sickening. So, as I currently sat in my room brushing through my new black locks I tried to avoid putting much thought into the third reason.

What I needed to be putting my mind towards was the second task that Crouch jr. was having me carry out. I needed to make sure Harry knew of the second task and was accurately prepared for it. What is the second task you might wonder? Retrieving a loved one from the bottom of the black lake while avoiding vicious mermaids. Easy right? Totally not like the contestants were somehow supposed to hold their breath under water for an hour.

I mean seriously, do they really think a fourth year like Harry is going to be able to do that shit? Nevertheless, I had to find some way to deal with this little dilemma and also find a way to make sure Harry figures out his egg. The stupid golden egg that needed to be put under water in order to listen properly. Slamming down my brush in frustration, I looked out the window in order to clear my head.

Watching the bustling students trying to get to class I directed my focus on one student in particular, Cedric Diggory. From what I had gathered, Harry and Cedric were on civil terms for the most part and no doubt shared information with each other. This little tidbit of information could be extremely useful for my task. An idea brewing in my mind, I quickly sprinted down the stairs and out of the common room to catch up with Diggory. Luckily he was a slow walker and I managed to fall into a steady pace beside him.

"Heya Diggory." I chirp and he looks at me confused.

"Um...hi?" He replies wearily.

"Don't worry as long as your not Fred Weasley I won't punch you." I give him a reassuring smile.

"Oh okay good because you throw a nasty right hook." Cedric chuckles.

"Yeah but I bet your used to getting beat up with the tournament and all."

"It's not too bad." He shrugs.

"So have you figured out the egg yet?" I question.

"Nope, why do you ask?" He looks at me confused.

"Well it just so happens I might have a solution to that problem." I smirk, my plan was working perfectly.

"Oh is that so?" Cedric looks at me with a quizzical brow.

"Yes it is so, I know exactly how to figure out that egg of yours."

"Well by all means tell me." He says amused. Pulling him to the side of a nearby tree so that others wouldn't eavesdrop, I drop my voice to a low whisper.

"Put the egg under water and open it." I say in a rushed tone.

"What?" Cedric asks loudly.

"You have access to the prefects bathroom right? Go in there, put the egg under water and listen to it." I roll my eyes.

"And how do you know all this?" He crosses his arms.

"Let's just say I have connections, now run along and do as I say. Also make sure you tell Potter, I want our school to have a chance at winning." I push him ahead of me and shoo him in the direction of the school. Starting to walk away Cedric looks back at me nervously before opening his mouth to speak.