chapter nineteen

~Harry~

~Harry~

Marley Jeen Beck was without a doubt the most stubborn person Harry had ever met. She believed that she could do anything and everything under the sun, hesitating help every chance she got. While it would seem to be admirable for some - thinking that Marley had some sort of strength and independence that couldn't be matched - Harry found it irritating. So it wasn't a surprise to either of them that for about five minutes, the two stood at the foot of Marley's driveway arguing about whether or not Harry was going to drive her to the hospital.

"Just get in the fucking car Marley," he hissed through his teeth, pulling out a cigarette from the box in his pocket. He was doing everything he could to remain calm, trying with everything inside of him to not drag the girl by her arms into the car.

She stood there silently with her arms crossed over her chest, eyes narrowed at him as if she had something to be angry about. The two have been in situations like this countless amounts of times before - one trying to reach out while the recipient did nothing other than roll their eyes and shake their head.

"Did the last fifteen minutes just completely vanish from your memory Harry? Do you actually think that I'm going anywhere with you especially after that little bitch fit you just pulled?" Her words were laced with venom as she walked over to him, her blues eyes cold as they locked with his green ones.

He lit the cigarette slowly as they stared at once another, inhaling deeply as he closed his eyes. He was only seconds away from walking into his car and driving away, not even caring if she walked or not. Neither of them said a word as he opened his eyes again, looking into hers as he saw the overwhelming sense of worry that flooded her bright blue eyes.

Her hair was down, flowing in the wind that had been wrapped around the two as they stood on the sidewalk. It was still for the moment, the gentle breeze that had been grazing their cheeks stopping for a second, before a huge gust of wind sent her hair tugging behind her as she ran her fingers through. A small smile spread onto her face as he spoke, "Just get in the car."

She pursed her lips for a second, looking at him as she dug her hands into the pockets of her light washed jeans. She looked back towards the house that Cole had walked into minutes ago before looking towards the direction of the hospital. "Okay," she sighed loudly as her voice was small, sounding defeated as she slowly walked towards the car.

They had been driving for a little over ten minutes, the hospital would be coming up soon and neither of them were sure what to expect when they pulled up. Neither of them said a word as they drove down the road through the other side of town. Harry's left hand was resting on the steering wheel while his right arm had been slightly sticking out of the window that he had rolled down.

His chest felt hot as his black t-shirt absorbed the sun that had been beating down on the two as they drove, wind forcing the hair on both of their heads to move as it roared through the windows due to the speed Harry had been driving.