𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

chapter twenty !
( takes place during 1x21 'Funk' )

*:・゚*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

LUNA HAD BEEN PSYCHING HERSELF UP THE ENTIRE CAR RIDE HOME. She knew she had to start planting the seeds of the fake Ivy League Day to her parents when she got home. But, like Lia had said earlier that day, Leo and Claudia Moretti were like vultures when it came to lies. Particularly when Luna told them.

But, having been reassured by Lia, Artie and Quinn before they'd departed at the end of the school day, Luna was feeling slightly more confident about the fib she was about to tell her mom and dad.

As she opened the door to her house, the overwhelming smell of her father's infamous tuna casserole wafted straight up her nose, making her mouth water at the mere thought of getting to eat that for dinner that night.

"Hey." She greeted, spotting her father standing over the stove, and her mother sitting at the island in the middle of the kitchen, doing some paperwork.

Both of them looked up, Claudia giving Luna a small smile, which Luna returned, and Leo came over to where Luna was dumping her back on the countertop, giving Luna a kiss on the forehead.

"Hey, sweetie." He greeted her. "How was school?" He asked her.

Luna nodded nonchalantly. "Yeah, it was good." She said shortly, the nerves not letting her spill all the Ivy League beans right away.

Luckily, neither of her parents picked up on her nerves, as Leonardo nodded as he started to prepare more of their meal for the night.

"Anything interesting happen?" He inquired.

This was it. This was the moment she had to lie to them.

"Uh, yeah, actually," she admitted. "I got called into the principal's office." 

This first lie was enough for both Claudia and Leo to stop what they were doing immediately and give her an incredulous look.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Claudia demanded. "Why did you get called into the principal's office? What did you do?"