Chapter 4

Italics=droid

The group entered the town of Mos Espa, and were surrounded by many differing types of people and animals. The houses seemed to be made out of hardened sand or something of that sort. There was so much happening around them, and (Y/n)'s senses were off the charts, so she closed her eyes for a moment, found her center, and calmed herself, focusing on one point and not a trivial things around her.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Qui-Gon asked her, looking back. Opening her eyes, the elf nodded, now calm and focused on the task ahead. Qui-Gon started telling them about this place. "Moisture farms, for the most part. Some indigenous tribes and scavengers. The few spaceports like this one are havens for those that don't wish to be found."

"Like us" Padmé said. Jar Jar muttered something along the lines of "this is bad". That's all she could get from him. R2-D2 was beeping and whistling.

Jeez, that sun is bright. Wait, it's two suns. Fun.

People were chatting all around them, and the small group looked around for someone to sell them the parts they needed. Qui-Gon nodded his head to their left and said "We'll try one of the smaller dealers."

"Let's hope we can get what we need. This planet is too hot for my liking" (Y/n) said, grasping onto her good luck charm necklace, putting it in the neck of her robes. When they walked in, they were greeted by a small blue Toydarian who looked up at them. Flying toward them, he spoke in Huttese, which (Y/n) could not understand, but Qui-Gon answered for them.

"I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian."

"Ah, yes! Nubian. We have lots of that" the Toydarian said in Basic. He then yelled back in Huttese behind him.

"My droid has a readout of what I need." Qui-Gon said, and as he did, small boy came running into the room. They spoke in Huttese for a moment, the boy hopped on the counter, and then the Toydarian looked back at the Jedi.

"So...  let me take thee out back, huh? You'll find what you need". Qui-Gon followed him outside to where the parts were stored. He motioned for (Y/n) to stay back with Jar Jar and Padmé. Jar Jar was messing with something when Qui-Gon took it from his hands and said "Don't touch anything". The Gungan huffed and stuck his tongue out at the Jedi.

(Y/n) was looking around the room when she heard the boy speak to Padmé, saying "Are you an angel?"

"What?" the girl replied, looking at the boy.

"An angel. I heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They live on the moons of Iego, I think." the boy continued. (Y/n) thought it was adorable.

"You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?" Padmé asked, smiling.

"I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here. I'm a pilot, you know, and someday I'm gonna fly away from this place" he said, seemingly trying to impress Padmé.

Although she could hear their conversation, (Y/n) decided to drown it out and focus on other things, until she heard the boy snap.

"I'm a person, and my name is Anakin!"

Jar Jar snapped (Y/n) out of her state of mind when he activated one of the droids, causing it to jump up and crash into a bunch of things. Jar Jar struggled with it for a minute but caught it, an Anakin shouted at him, a little tense.

"Hey! Hit the nose!"

Jar Jar dropped the droid and tapped the nose again, making it go back to it's compressed state. (Y/n) shook her head and laughed at the Gungan, who had multiple things in his hands and kept almost dropping all of them. Qui-Gon soon walked in with a distasteful look on his face.