Forty-Eight

I was being dragged to an unrecognized place, away from the ballroom. My feet cold, the carpet below my feet was shifting or I was. Nothing was clear at that moment, just pure nothingness of what is about to come our way. To the contrary of the fact, I was hundred percent sure of the fact that Kai wasn't allowed to do anything to anyone. He couldn't hurt Ten cause he was just way too attached to him. As a minuscule chance even if he did then Jin and Joon would make sure to physically erase him and his mafia party.

"I see you aren't stressed." Kai stopped me in front of a big wooden gate and looked at my confident self with mystery in his eyes. Not a slight spark of aggression or irritation, just pure cool was visible on Kai's face.

"Looks like it." he was underestimating us, or he literally had something so powerful which would force us to drag ourselves towards destruction. Maybe a family secret, or maybe a bribe which was hefty on another level. Either way our preparation for this day wasn't lacking but it was way too early to presume that either of the parties' were winning.

"Why would you hurt Ten? You won't if you want the Kim Empire." I trailed off and looked at the door in front of me. I could feel his gaze trail from my face to scan my body. "Who said I would do it?" and then he pushed the door ajar open. The whole Bangtan on gun points with Ten in the centre of the room. He was cuffed and tied to a chair.

His lips charred, his chest filled with bruises and cuts so much that a trace of his white milk skin was not visible from a distance. Blindfolded, panting heavy breathes with his chapped lips. His shoulder wound was exposed, I almost felt guilty for giving that. No matter how much bullshit he put us into, now that he was a family member and blood related made everything change.

"Here's how this is gonna work." Kai said as he pulled out the dagger he had in his pocket. Looking from my shoulder I expected to see a shred of humanity from him. But disappointment this day hit new heights.

"One of them is gonna beat the infamous Ten." his eyes were on Bangtan. They weren't afraid, they were confident even on gunpoints. The mysterious expressions they were on their faces ensured the fact that they found something worth risking everything.

A smirk covered Kai's face,his eyes fixed on a certain someone. "Jimin." it was all too intentional. The man behind Jimin holding the gun pulled the barrel as a warning sign for Jimin to move forward. Jimin, stranded on his position, the man behind him pushed him further.

Kai's death grip on my wrist loosened as he throwed the dagger at Jimin's feet. I kept staring at the two men, trying to decipher an expression out of their perfervid moves. "Not today Kai." that escalated fast.

And then came the feeling of cold metal against my temple. The sound of pulling the barrel resonated through my ears. For a second my eyes closed. But when they opened I saw Jimin gazing at me. His mouth straight, as he was bargaining but the shopkeeper didn't let him.

"Last I checked, you don't want to see her dead." overconfidence was flooding Kai, defeat engulfing Jimin's soul. He bent down and picked the piece of blade. With his cold feet, he dragged himself in front of Ten.

Jin was piercing right through Jimin's soul, as if he was calling and it seemed to work. Jimin before gripping the dagger exchanged a look with Jin. They were waiting for that right moment to strike in. Wherein they could attack and defend at the same time. But that moment seemed to be lost in the void of the cold white room filled with ammunition.

Before Jimin could start the slight click of the door diverted our attention. The figure at this point of time we never prayed for showing up did. God for sure was on our side. Just not today.

"Jaehyun." His name rolled off Kai's mouth so effortlessly. "Hyung, what did I miss?" he asked as he was the scriptwriter and we were acting the scenes. Jimin's jaw clenched as Jaehyun checked me out. I rolled my eyes to heaven but I came back to my senses when I saw Jimin now watching Ten, would he really beat him? In a condition like this?