Voldemort is Back

Her grandfather had most of the remaining Death Eaters grouped in the middle of the room, seemingly immobilized by invisible ropes. Mad-Eye Moody had crawled across the room to where Tonks lay and was attempting to revive her. Behind the dais there were still flashes of light, grunts, and cries-Kingsley had run forward to continue Sirius's duel with Bellatrix.

There was a loud bang and a yell from behind the dais. Estella saw Kingsley, yelling in pain, hit the ground. Bellatrix turned tail and ran as Dumbledore whipped around. He aimed a spell at her but she deflected it. She was halfway up the stairs when Estella saw that Harry had broken out of Lupin's hold, trailing after her.

"Harry!" she yelled, pulling herself from her father's hold and trailing off after him, scrambling up the stone benches. People were shouting behind them but she didn't care. She'd lost Sirius, she couldn't lose him too.

She ran past Luna, who was groaning on the floor, past Ginny, who said, "Estella- wait-?" past Ron, who giggled feebly, and Hermione, who was still unconscious. She followed Harry out the door into the curricular black hall and saw Harry disappearing through a door on the other side of the room.

She forced her way out of the lift before the gate was fully open and immediately spotted Harry, his wand pointed at Bellatrix as he yelled, "Stupefy!"

She reacted so fast Harry barely had time to duck.

"Protego!"

The jet of red light, Harry's Stunning Spell, bounced back at him. Harry scrambled back behind the fountain, his eyes widening in terror when he spotted Estella.

"Estella, go!" he yelled quickly.

"No," she snapped, running and sliding so she was next to him behind cover. "You're not doing this without me, Harry. I'm not going to let you. We've lost Sirius and I'm not losing you too."

"You didn't feel him, Es," he said worriedly. "The happiness he felt when he discovered you were the seer and could bring people back almost toppled his anger of the prophecy being destroyed."

She couldn't bring herself to care. Voldemort already had suspicions, that's why he wanted her prophecy so badly, to confirm them.

"That doesn't matter now," she said, "what matters is getting out of here alive. And we're getting out of here alive, Harry."

"I am going to give you one chance!" shouted Bellatrix. "Give me the prophecy-roll it out toward me now-and I may spare your life!"

"Well, you're going to have to kill me, because it's gone!" Harry roared-and as he shouted it, pain seared his forehead. "And he knows!" said Harry with a mad laugh to match Bellatrix's own. "Your dear old mate Voldemort knows it's gone! He's not going to be happy with you, is he?"

"What? What do you mean?" she cried, and for the first time there was fear in her voice.

"The prophecy smashed when we were trying to get Neville up the steps! What do you think Voldemort'll say about that, then?"

"LIAR!" she shrieked, but she could hear the terror behind the anger now. "YOU'VE GOT IT, POTTER, AND YOU WILL GIVE IT TO ME-Accio Prophecy! ACCIO PROPHECY!"

"It's not here," said Estella, smiling and laughing hard because she knew it would incense her. She waved her empty hand from behind the one-eared goblin where they were hiding and withdrew it quickly as she sent another jet of green light at them.

"Nothing there!" Harry shouted. "Nothing to summon it! It smashed and nobody heard what it said, tell your boss that-"

"No!" she screamed. "It isn't true, you're lying-MASTER, I TRIED, I TRIED-DO NOT PUNISH ME-"