| four |

Chapter. 4

════ ◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦ ════

Charlotte woke up the next morning with texts from many of her friends and other people in the industry giving her their best wishes and positivity. After Charlotte had read the direct message that Cardi B sent her she turned around in her bed.

Lucious was laying by her side cuddled into her comforter. She smiled at how peaceful he looked while he was sleeping. Charlotte jumped when the sound of her phone ringing filled the bedroom. She quickly turned off her ringer and then looked at the caller I.D.

Drizzy🦉

"Hello," Charlotte answered Drake's call.
"Char', what you up to?" He asked her. In the background Charlotte could hear the sound of traffic.

"Well," Charlotte ran her fingers through Lucious's hair, "As of right now I'm in bed with Luc'. But, today I was just planning on staying in again."

"Ain't trynna get out too much I bet," He said.
"Not really, I got enough paparazzi outside the house trying to get a picture of me crying. Going to the store isn't going to happen for awhile."

"Fiends," Drake commented about the paparazzi, "And uh, I'm sorry I didn't reach out to you earlier about the whole situation."

"Aubrey, you're good. You didn't have to reach out to me," Charlotte played with the sheets in her lap.

"Nah, nah. You are one of the people closest to me, I should've hit you up the minute I heard about it," Drake called out his mistake.

"So, tonight I would like you to come over to mines," Drake told Charlotte. She scrunched her eyebrows together, "In Toronto?"

"No, I'm posted up in L.A. for the next week or so."

"What you doing out in L.A.?" She asked him. He had told her a couple months ago that he was going to stay in Toronto for the rest of the year if possible to work on his album.

"You know. Business," Drake told her. Charlotte noticed that he said it in an unsure way, but before she could bring it up he asked her, "So you down?"

Charlotte didn't even have to think about it before she told Drake, "Yea I'll come over. Just text me the details about when and your address."

"Alright bet. I'll see you later then," Drake started to end the conversation. "Yes sir, I'm excited. But, I'll see you then," Charlotte told him.

"Me too me too. I'll text you everything right now," Drake told Charlotte. The two finished off their conversations with goodbyes and ended the call.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Charlotte knocked on Drake's L.A. home's front door at 6:50pm. It was ten minutes earlier than when Drake told her to come, but she was sure that he wouldn't mind.

Charlotte expected one of Drake's assistants or friends to answer the door, but Drake opened the door instead. "What's good goofygoober?" He smiled as he saw her on the other side.