The moving day

Hi!  Since, it was a double update yesterday, this chapter is a bit short. 

I didn't know my husband was this loaded. I never asked for money unless I had to do something in the house, I was never a shopper, and I had no interest in knowing if Avishek was rich. But he gave Rahul loan, himself.

 Geez! I hated him a little. Okay, a lot. 

If Rahul was to apply loan from the bank, it would take much time, meaning, they would stay in this house for longer time. But no, Mr. Rich had to give him money. Mom was so happy with the news of moving with her grandson, I don't think she even knew what was happening. Dad tries to act like he does not care, but I know he is secretly very happy to move with Rahul. I counted down days every night before I went to sleep. Time was moving awfully fast. I don't know if Avishek was aware that we are going to live in this house alone after few weeks, but ever since Rahul dropped the news, things have been tensed between us. No, we don't fight, it's still silence, but it's painful this time. But it might just be me.

Shiksha was a wonderful girl. Each morning, before everyone wakes up, we two have tea alone. I think that has bonded us really well. I was sad to see her going as well. I'm going to miss all of them. So much.

Finally, time had come for them to move. The house agreement was signed, loan was passed, people were ready. Except me

That morning, all of us went to the new house. It was nice, small but cozy looking. Mom started to wander inspecting the house, dad and Shiksha disappeared I don't know where, Rahul and Avishek went to the car to bring the luggage. I went to see the kitchen. I was surprised to see it was not that small. It was quite spacious. I liked it.

We all spent the day placing the furniture, most of them were gifts from Shiksha's family, unpacking the luggage for mom and dad. I was dreading even with the thought of going back home. When the clock stroke 7, mom shooed us out. At least I didn't have to make dinner that night. We celebrated the new house by going to a nice restaurant for dinner. Now, Avishek and I, we were walking side by side, down the narrow path leading to our parked car. 

It was so damn quiet. 

Without a word, we sat in the car, reached home. I am not a talkative person, really, but this silence was physically hurting me.

"Do you want to eat something before going to sleep?", I blurted out, just as we were about to pass the kitchen.

He stopped, and said "No, it was a tiring day, I just want to sleep" and went towards the bedroom.

It was a long day. Well, at least I tried. I too, went to our room, did my night routines and slept worrying about the coming days.