Chapter 20

Irene's P.O.V

"Oh god, this is exactly what I needed." Jisoo moaned as she completely drowned herself in the bath.

We were all in Building A's public bath, trying to soothe our bodies from the hideous practices we had with the other students this past week or so. The practice battles seriously drained everyone, Rosé even had to help out the medical crew, that's how awful it had gotten. The first day of the Magic School Tournament is tomorrow and everyone is buzzing with excitement.

If only the practise battles were this bad, I wonder what the actual fight will be like.

"Amen sister." Lisa followed. "Was the practice exercise that difficult?" I asked as the girls glared at me.

"It was absolute hell," Jennie spoke, closing her eyes. I guess it was the worst for her since I heard that no one in our class was with her or even one close friend from Class B. It must have been awkward to fight someone full-on as a first meeting.

Wendy and I were pardoned from the practice exercise as we had to deliver something to the Palace for Professor Du personally. I really wanted to open the package to see what was inside but we were forbidden to do so and I'm no idiot, she probably put a protection spell on it or something like that.

My curiosity was eating me alive but I was patient and reliable, I guess which is why she picked me and Wendy for the job. I knew she was curious too but we didn't even bother considering the possibility of being able to open the mysterious package.

We know the limits to how far we can take it, and this is out of our league.

"I had to fight against Dahyun, she didn't even do anything. But I will say she can physically fight very well." Rosé said as I snapped out of my trance.

"I wonder what her powers are, I've always been so curious."

"I heard that only Professor Du and the Council of Magical Law know about her true abilities and that even her own family have no idea what sort of powers she holds," Momo spoke as my eyes widened.

"Is it that bad?" I asked, it must be super dangerous and advanced that even her own family isn't allowed to know.

"I don't know, but I surely am not curious about what abilities she has. They sound super dangerous. And I am done with getting in trouble." Wendy as we all looked at her with raised brows.

"What do you mean? What trouble have you gotten into?" Jisoo asked enthusiastically. I'm sure we all are very desperate to know what our little goody-two-shoes got in trouble for.

"After the whole Jungkook thing, I was sent to the Principals office, she yelled at me, Yoongi and Lisa for like 20 minutes about how we should have warned her instead of taking on the trouble ourselves. She sounded really mad. I was super creeped out since I didn't think of it as a big deal, it's not like we were the ones getting drugs from dealers in the Calcifer Forest. I don't know what she was so mad for, it isn't like her to fuss over something that wasn't even our fault. We helped her you know." She spoke, and the realization hit all of us as well.

"Yeah, you're right, so many people in our school are known for their troubling antics and mischievous behaviours. Why would she lash out at you guys? She should give you a reward or something." Jennie observed.

I nodded in agreement. "She has been weird lately though."

"I agree. Ever since we found out about her hiding the fact that Yoongi and I were siblings I've just never seen her in the same way again. Every time I look at her I just want to yell at her. I mean what gives her the right to separate my one and only family member from me...." The rest of Lisa's sentence was inaudible to me as she just continued mumbling to herself.