ᵢₙₜᵣᵤₛᵢᵥₑ

The proceeding Sunday didn't necessarily pass with any ease 'nor comfort. Nick was occupied recording something for Dream's channel, which left y/n on her own with her own intrusive thoughts.

She sat in bed, diesel sleeping peacefully right next to her. She traced every vertex of the room desperately trying to find any trace of peace of mind, but it wasn't working.

All her mind could think about was Kai. She had no way to contact him at that moment. All of his social media was already deactivated, her number was still blocked on his phone, and any mutual friend they had were just as clueless about his well-being as she is.

She lied down, forcing her eyes close, the only repeating thought in her head was about how she needed to see him at work tomorrow.

An hour or two passed of constant shifting and stirring around the bed, failure to get comfortable in any position. It was only a matter of time before she gave up.

She sat up once again, looking at the glowing red clock sat on her nightstand: 4:00 AM on the dot. It was only a few hours before she had to wake up anyways.

Slowly getting up to evade waking up her furry companion, she slid out of her comforter and did everything she'd usually do to get ready in the morning before work.

By the time she was done, she had about 3 and a half hours left to kill.. she had no idea what to do, except start up her PC and continue playing bedwars on her own, the final goal being to make some improvement for if she were to play with Nick again in the future.

Numerous beyond numerous rounds passed, with the sun slowly coming up behind her sheer curtains, completely lighting up the room. She took that as her sign that it was time to leave.

The bus ride felt like an eternity, every second that passed and every single stop the bus took made y/n want to crawl out of her own skin. What would she even say once she got there? Would he even want to look her in the eyes after Friday night?

She had so much time to think, yet not once had she really covered anything important.

Her hands were tensed yet uncontrollably shaky, reaching up to push the stop button at the side. She felt the acceleration below her, and then the bus came to a halt. There were other people getting off at the same stop, but she couldn't help but feel the piercing stares of the passengers on her when she slowly dragged her feet out of the bus.

She hopped out, feeling the cool morning Texas air hit her straight in the face. She was dreading the moment she had to turn the corner and walk straight into the workplace, but her body had driven her to the front entrance, green tinted glass blocking any sort of preview she could've had.

It was 8:45, 15 minutes until her shift technically started. At this point, the store would usually be empty as the people on the graveyard shift would've left just minutes prior. She always came 5 minutes before Kai, so she had no idea why she'd been nervous.

Her hand reached out for the metal door handle, swinging it open and inching into the incandescently lit room, not expecting what stood in front of her... or more fittingly, who stood in front of her.

"Hey... Tonya?" She greeted with slight relief, but overpowering confusion

Tonya was a woman in her mid-sixties who worked the shift after y/n's. The two would occasionally run into each other in the middle of transition, and each interaction had been nothing but lovely. She'd even received a Christmas card from her and her sister last year.

"Hey kid!" She smiled brightly and confidently, despite missing a tooth or two.

Y/n popped her apron on, tying a loose bow at the back, "What're you doing here?" She questioned, immediately following up with the classic "Not that I'm upset or anything.."