Part 21

This is a bit of backstory in Mia's dream. I thought it would help get back into the story after a while since updating.
=

Mia's POV

"Daddy?" I entered the kitchen and glanced around the room, smelling his cooking fill the house with a yummy scent. I took another deep breath in and my eyes widened when I felt tickles on my side then I was lifted into the air.

"Daddy!!" I gasped for breath as laughter erupted from the both of us. When he put me down I smiled up at him with the biggest smile I could!

"You slept in, did food finally awaken the beast?" I nodded rapidly and tried to peep at the pans. I was too short. "Bacon..?"  He leaned down and kissed my forehead before returning to the stove.

"Yup! And even better. Bacon, sausage, hasbrowns, and..." he showed me the small cup and I ran to him. I saw the bread and glances at him for approval. He laughed and nodded "Of course you can, it's your favourite part" I jumped excited as I punched holes into all three slices of bread with the cup, putting the bread circles aside. I watch as dad put the meat and potatoes on paper towel before putting the bread in the pan and, my second favourite part. He cracked the eggs into the holes of the bread, putting the eggs in the basket!

"Daddy, one day I wanna make these for you, they're gunna taste extra yummy because I'm the best chef" He poked my nose, "of course you are, you're the best 6 year old chef in the world, wanna help me set the table?" I nodded and went to pick out the forks and butter knives  for breakfast before returning to watch. "And I'm almost 7 daddy" I let out a huff but could only smile when I smelt the food. "Almost but not yet" he patted my head.

I was drooling at this point before he flipped them over. "Now remember, your friend is coming over, he should be here soon. You have to share ok? He's gunna stay for the day since his mother is heading out on morning patrol and attending meetings again" I nodded sadly, silently wishing I could have 2 egg baskets. I sadly walked back to the drawer to grab another fork and knife.

I heard a knock on the door just as dad was setting up the plates. I raced to the door and hugged my best friend with another big smile. "Josh!! You took ages! Breakfast should be set and ready to devour!" I laughed at him and gave him a little playful growl, now excited he's here.

I looked around for his mom so I could wave her goodbye but she wasn't around. I exchanged looks with Josh but he just looked down and shrugged. "She was already gone when I woke up". I nodded and dragged him into the house, hoping to get his mind off her.

"My dad made eggs in a basket! Look!" We both brightened up instantly as dad was dishing food onto the three plates. "Mmm I'm starving!" His belly grumbled in agreement, I let out a giggle and sat between him and dads chair.

"Hello Josh, I hope you and your mother are doing well." Daddy said as he took a seat. I glanced over to Josh, knowing this was a sensitive subject. He had his face filled with food already but he gulped it down and gave a small nod. "We're doing good". I looked down and picked at the basket. "You shouldn't roughhouse so much, you're too young for bruises" I coughed and almost choked on the nibble I took. Staring at my dad wide eyed. Did he know?

"I know sir, it's my mistake. I'll make sure to stay away from the older kids" My dad looked at him, a sad look in his eyes. He returned another small nod.

I slurped up the delicious food as quickly as I could. The table was very awkward right now and I wanted to go upstairs to my room with Josh. I got up and grabbed Josh's arm, dragging him up too before he could scoop up more food.