Chapter 32

Yeji reluctantly got up from the comfort of her sofa, shaking the drowsiness away, before slightly limping her way to the door, peeking through the tiny little peephole to see who it was.

It was Jisu, standing outside holding a small grocery bag in her right hand, waiting expectantly for the silver haired girl to open the door for her, which after a few seconds of hesitation, Yeji eventually did.

"Hey," Jisu said calmly. "Had dinner yet?"

Yeji shook her head coldly in response.

It slightly irritated Yeji, to say the least, how Jisu appeared to be so calm in front of her, as if she had done nothing wrong.

And being the person who knew Yeji most inside and out, Jisu immediately sensed that Yeji was without a doubt being standoff-ish to her, like she was giving her the cold shoulder. 

But Jisu, being the stubborn girl that she was, wasn't going to let this deter her from making sure the silver haired girl ate dinner. She knew Yeji would most likely skip her meal, but she wasn't about to let that happen, not after how tired the older girl appeared to be in today's game.

"Well, aren't you going to let me in?" Jisu asked, raising one eyebrow of hers.

"I ... I'd rather be alone right now, Jisu, so if you could-"

Before Yeji could finish her sentence, Jisu swiftly ducked down underneath Yeji's arm that was holding the door, inviting herself in before Yeji got the chance to ask her to leave.

"H-hey!" Yeji stuttered out, not expecting the shorter girl to do that.

"I'll leave you alone after I make sure you eat," Jisu said sternly, making her way to the kitchen and pulling out two packs of ramyun along with a can of spam from the bag she was holding, placing them on the kitchen counter. "Do you have eggs in the fridge?"

Yeji still wasn't entirely sure what the hell was going on. Could this be considered breaking and entering? She thought to herself.

"Uh ... y-yeah, there's a few in the fridge," Yeji answered in a daze, almost forgetting that just a few seconds ago, she was trying to be upset with the younger girl. 

But unfortunately for her, that's never really worked for very long, and Jisu knew this all too well.

Yeji plopped herself back onto the sofa, and while it was only a short distance away from the door, it was enough for Jisu to notice that the older girl had limped her way there, which made Jisu stop whatever she was about to do and head over to where Yeji sat.

Though the younger girl seemed calm and collected on the surface, Yeji was able to immediately discern the worry and concern etched in Jisu's round eyes, and while she wanted to maintain a cold and uncaring attitude towards the girl, Yeji couldn't help but have her heart soften at the sight of Jisu worrying about her, the irritation she had felt earlier deflating almost immediately like a balloon.

The way the shorter girl's eyebrows slightly frowned while her lips pursed ever so slightly. It was adorable to Yeji, making her heart skip a tiny beat.

This sensation wasn't new to Yeji, because admittedly, Jisu had always had that effect on her. 

No matter how upset she was at the girl, Yeji just couldn't hold onto those negative feelings for very long.

Simply put, Choi Jisu was Hwang Yeji's weakness. 

Her kryptonite.

"Give me your leg," Jisu said, as she sat on the sofa beside the silver haired girl.