𝟶𝟸𝟸.

AMOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO ━━ the quibbler and getting caught.

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

THE QUIDDITCH MATCH THAT SATURDAY WAS A VERY INTERESTING ONE. Ginny, was able to catch the snitch but the two Beaters were much worse than she described them to be. Sloper missed a bludger and hit Angelina in the mouth with his bat. And Kirke fell backwards off his broom when Smith zoomed at him.

After the match, Lyra and Zayna went to congratulate Ginny on catching the snitch, though someone had been there earlier, Michael. She wasn't aware of her staring until Zayna poked her in the arm. "Stop glaring at him," she whispered.

"I'm not," Lyra deadpanned.

When Michael finally left, Ginny approached the two. "Good catch, Gin," said Zayna.

"Thanks, but the snitch wasn't that fast today if I'm being honest and Summerby sneezed just at the wrong moment."

"So, those beaters. . ." Lyra trailed off.

"I told you that they weren't good! But I hope Angelina's okay, that hit looked very painful." After Valentine's, Lyra had been thinking on asking if she could try for Beater. The ones they had really seemed to not fit the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

"Would Angelina say yes if I wanted to try out for Beater?" she blurted out.

Ginny stopped explaining the way she caught the snitch to Zayna. "Of course Lyra! You should really do that, she would be thrilled."

     On their way to the common room, they spotted Natalie, who was absent during the game. "Where were you, Miss Soots?" wondered Zayna.

"Me? I didn't feel like going today."

     "Could that be because of a certain Slytherin?" Lyra queried, raising a brow. "How are you two doing, actually?"

"Us? We're just friends by definition."

The three laughed at this, Natalie rolled her eyes. "C'mon, you're acting as if girls and boys can't be friends without romance being involved."

"We don't do that. Boys and girls can be friends, but when they obviously are attracted to each other, you can't blame us for asking."

     "Password?" The fat lady asked.

"Godric." The portrait swung open. There was a gloomy atmosphere going around the common room when they entered. Lyra had hoped that Angelina was there to ask about the position, but she was nowhere to be seen.