√ TWELVE √

"I know you were online. You were just reading and you didn't even say anything" Chidima said and Ike shrugged as they walked out of the class.

"What was I supposed to say? Join the argument?" Ike asked as Gloria hissed.

"It was just annoying. Tests are coming and all they could argue about was who was the most handsome guy in our set? I mean, how does their brain process?" Gloria asked as Chidima chucked and folded her arms.

"You used to do that too. Argue who was the most handsome, who was more sexier" Chidima replied as Gloria froze and Chidima walked away murmuring something neither Ike or Gloria could hear.

It was how Chidima had said. Gloria used to argue a lot too. About who was more handsome, more pretty, more cute and all. It was always fun but when she broke up with Snr Tomi, she stopped as well.

"I'll see you later" Gloria said as she walked off leaving Ike alone. Ike rubbed her forehead as she slid her hands into the pocket of her jacket and started her walk to the cafeteria.

Her breeze blew slowly as she walked and Ike tried to count how many days she had left. She swallowed her saliva as she took in the huge cafeteria. She was going to miss this place.

Her eyes widened when she saw the empty ice cream counters and she swiftly turned to one of the attendants.

"Ice cream finished?" Ike asked in horror as RHE attendant smiled and shook her head.

"Funks is celebrating her birthday so she's treating everyone in SSS3" the attendant replied as bells went off in Ike's head.

That also meant that the ice cream in stock was gone as well.

"You can order from Glitz. Its just nearby" the attendant said again seeing Ike's horrified expression.

"Thank you" Ike said as she started walking towards the order phone at the end of the cafeteria.

A figure was already leaning on the wall holding the delivery phone and ordering for ice cream.

"Yes. I want a medium sized one" his music like voice flowed into Ike's ears and the figure turned to her confirming her guess on who it was.

"No. I want the Chestnut flavour. Thank you"

Seeing that he was going to drop the phone, Ike shook her head and pointed at herself. She started making signs with her hands telling him to order for her as well.

"And another one as well. Medium sized" he said as Ike shook her head widening her hands to show how big the bowl she wanted.

"A bigger one. Strawberry and vanilla" he said as he nodded while Ike flashed him a smile.

"In two minutes please. Thank you" he said and dropped the phone before turning to Ike.

"Thank you. I almost thought you didn't understand me" Ike said as the latter stared at her without a word.

His eyes seem to glaze over her before his brows pulled together and his eyes returned to her face.

"Thank you" Ike said again while playing with her fingers.

"You are welcome" he replied as he slid his hands into his pockets.

"They'll bring it to the cafeteria or we have to go to the gate to collect it?" Ike asked as he started walking towards the empty table near them.

"They'll bring it here" He replied as he brought out a pair of ear pods and stuck into his ears and closed his eyes.

Ike walked towards the table and also sat down while the latter opened his eyes immediately.

"I can't seat here?" Ike asked carefully.

"Of course you can" he replied again and they both went quiet as a guy walked into the cafeteria and walked towards them.

"What's up man?" He greeted as he slapped handshakes with him and dropped two boxes on the table.

"I knew it was you when I heard the Chestnut flavour" the guy said as he chuckled lightly and turned to the delivery guy.

"So you abandoned work and came to deliver in person" he said and the delivery guy grinned.

"You bet. Who ordered for a bigger ice cream and strawberry and vanilla flavour? Who are you buying it for?" the delivery guy asked with curiosity and seemed to have noticed Ikeoluwa at that moment.

"You are?" He asked as Ike wore a small smile.

"Ikeoluwa. I happened to meet him ordering at the phone and asked him to order for me" Ike oluwa replied as the guy slowly nodded and glanced at the other guy who had pulled one of the boxes of ice cream to himself.

"You can finish this big ice cream?" The delivery guy asked as Ike pulled the other box towards herself and teared it open.

Ike glanced at him and gave him a big smile "Of course I can. And how's much the ice cream?" Ike asked as she brought out her wallet.

"No worries Ike. Its fine, jusy take it as a gift from me. And its Dare" he said as Ike smiled.

"Nice to meet you Dare but wouldn't it be a problem if your boss finds out?" Ike asked as Dare laughed and shook his head.

"Mom probably wouldn't notice and if she does; I'll just tell her Juola bought it. Either ways, jusy enjoy your ice cream" Dare replied and it was then Ike realized rhat Dare was the son of the owner of Glitz

Her eyes widened in realization as Dare beamed at her.

"I hope to see you again Ike" Dare said as he walked away.

"His owns it" Juola said slowly and Ike nodded.

"I figured that out already" Ike said as she picked the spoon and started eating her ice cream. The is cream tasted differently from the ones she had always eaten in the school cafeteria and Ike scooped more into her mouth while she swallowed in the sweetness.

She started scooping it into her mouth happily and threw her head backwards while allowing it to melt in her mouth. It was the best ice cream ever. Ike started having doubts if it was really strawberry and vanilla flavour the school cafeteria sold.

She moaned in pleasure and suddenly covered her mouth when Juola turned to her. She had forgotten she was still seated in front of him and remembering how she had been scooping the ice cream into her mouth; Ike suddenly wished the ground could open and swallow her.

"Its tastes really good. I mean really good and I couldn't help it" Ike said trying to give an explanation for her actions.

"I know" Juola replied and Ike stared at him surprised.

"You know?" Ike asked as Juola shrugged.

"Of course I do. I've been eating it since I was little. Of course I know how good it tastes" Juola replied as Ike's eyes widened in surprise.

"Since you were little? You and Dare are childhood friends?" Ike asked in surprise as Juola turned to her again.

"Yes" Juola replied as Ike wore a brighter smile as she scooped another spoon into her mouth. She walked around and grabbed some chocolates and sat down back.

She dropped a chocolate in front of Juola who glanced at the chocolate and then turned to Ike who smiled at him.

"M and M chocolates. My favourites. They taste really good. Have a taste"