chapter eighteen

CHAPTER SIXTEENTHE LAST RECRUIT

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
THE LAST RECRUIT

GET OVER YOURSELF.

X

After the awkward meeting between each of the teenagers, they were given the day to relax. Usually, everyone would have to do chores and such but the nurses allowed them to go to the media room and watch a movie together.

Minsoo and Hyeji had requested to go to their room and look around at everything and were allowed to but the nurse they had asked made sure to tell them that they weren't allowed in their bedrooms until it was bedtime on usual days.

Neither of them mentioned how weird it was having a bedtime now and how they weren't allowed to go into their room until then but they shared the same thoughts.

The rooms went well with the entire building. They were plain white and boring, nothing decorating the walls or anything. All that was inside were their beds, dressers, and then two closets.

It was now three days later and they were just getting settled in. The boys became more welcoming to them, or at least Jeno, Donghyuck, and Jaemin. Renjun was still distant and never spoke to them.

But Minju hadn't seemed to really like the girls. Minsoo had gotten into a conversation with Jeno on her second day and she could confidently say that if looks could kill, she'd be dead.

On the other hand, Hyeji had also run into trouble with the same girl. Hers was also on the second day. She was talking with Donghyuck and Jaemin over dinner when Minju kept chiming in and trying to talk over her.

It continued the whole dinner even when both of the boys had asked her multiple times to stop. Each time it was like she somehow summoned the nurses to her side and they were telling off the three about how they should stop being rude and include Minju in their conversation.

Later that same day Hyeji and Donghyuck had chores together and he explained that Minju had always been like that to anyone around Jeno or Jaemin, including with himself and Renjun. Hyeji was quick to inform her roommate that night about what Donghyuck had told her. Truthfully, neither of them were surprised.

"Hey, guys?"

Both girls turned their heads towards their bedroom door. It was early morning an hour and a half before they were to be called down to breakfast. Until then, they would have to stay in their rooms.

"Jaemin? You're not supposed to be on the girl's side. If one of the nurses sees you, you'll get in trouble." Minsoo stated, watching the boy curiously.

He scratched the back of his neck briefly before speaking up again, "yeah, that's why I was gonna make it quick. I heard last night that we were supposed to be getting another patient today during lunch."

"Nice to meet you, Eunha

"Nice to meet you, Eunha." Hyeji smiled kindly at the new girl. Eunha smiled back, thankful for Hyeji's attitude towards her.

"I'm guessing you're also a 2000 liner?" Minsoo asked, taking a bit of her food.

"Yes, I was born in-"

Eunha was cut off with a scoff from Minju. "No one really cares. Can you three stop talking so I can peacefully eat my lunch, already?"

"Will you shut up already, Minju? They've done nothing to you and you're already being a bitch yet again. Get over yourself."

Everyone stared at Renjun in shock. None of them expected him to actually speak up, especially since Minju was directing her hate towards the new girls instead of his friends.

"Listen, Renjun-"

"No, thanks." He cut her off, glaring at her as he took another bite of food. Minju clicked her tongue as she went back to eating her food, no longer wanting to speak.

After lunch, everyone was quick to leave. Being unsure of how exactly everything worked, Eunha was permitted to choose someone to help with chores.

She was lucky Minsoo and Hyeji had laundry duty together. She decided on joining the two down in the basement.

"So is she always.. you know?" She asked briefly, looking up the set of stairs. Minsoo and Hyeji didn't need any more clarification, already knowing what she meant.

"We just got here a few days ago but so far she's been the same way to us. And based off of Renjun's speech and something Donghyuck told us the other day, I'm assuming she's always been that way." Minsoo laughed, tossing clothing into the washing machine.

Eunha sighed, "I have to share a room with her."

Minsoo and Hyeji shared glances with one another. "I'm so sorry."