38.

Taehyung groans, warm water pouring over his tan skin, the air around him steamy as he leans his palms against the marble walls, back muscles tensing before relaxing as he allows the more than warm water to travel down his body, giving him a tranquil and relaxing feeling in the moment.

Mint hair sticking down on his forehead, the water weighing him down as the thoughts in his mind run crazy. Often, he got like this. When he couldn't tame the thoughts in his mind. Heart racing so shamefully. Sometimes, only sometimes, he felt so disgusted that he couldn't even control his own heart.

"Taehyung," his voice whispers.

His soothing, sweet like sugar, comforting voice wraps around Taehyung's heart like a snake, pulling the boy in closer to him without himself even realising. Taehyung's ears perk up at the sound of Jungkook, he's almost forgotten that he'd come in the shower with the blonde boy.

Turning around, Taehyung stands close to Jungkook, looking down at the boy, shoulders wide. He doesn't say anything, and remains quiet. Jungkook really wasn't helping his crazed mind, but now looking at the boy, the naked, marked up boy, with the beautiful for eyes, he seen his everything.

Jungkook gasps when Taehyung's hand meets his hips. Wordlessly, running his fingers down to his ass, feeling and massaging softly. Taehyung leans down to rest his head on Jungkook's wet shoulder, their bodies moulding as one as the water ran down the both of them hotly, steam fogging the glass of the showers.

What is love exactly?

In the universe combined, there could be thousands, upon thousands of meanings. It was categorical. There couldn't just be one meaning you see. Not when there were so many different versions of love to see, to feel, to share worldly.

But could Taehyung feel at least one of those different versions of love? He certainly didn't feel it from his mother. His working till the next year, narcissistic, homophobic mother. Could he possibly feel a love from her? Or...even towards her? Not when he didn't even see her for things like Christmas.

And then, of course, there was his stepfather. Yes, the two liked each other. But could there possibly be a feeling of love coming from the both of them? Taehyung barely knew the man married to his mother. And the mint haired male was sure that even his mother barely knew the man she was married too. Did his stepfather even love his mother?

Then there was his friends, he cared for them. Taehyung loved being with them. All seven of them. His best friends. He loved to sing, dance and go out with them, and just have fun till the sun comes up. But was it a love that Taehyung wanted?

All of his damned life, Taehyung had been searching for something that he just couldn't quite see, something big, something so powerful that he was blind to seeing it, even if it was right in front of him, under his nose.

The water pitter patters, the sound of it heavily falling against the floor from the showerhead, bodies being drowned underneath the water together.

Jungkook hugs Taehyung tighter, trying to comfort the older with his presence. He'd noticed that somehow, Taehyung had been so sad all day, and Jungkook hoped that this moment, shared between the two of them would be enough to make Taehyung feel better.

Taehyung sighs into Jungkook's shoulder, feeling the smaller boy's arms wrap around him tighter, somehow pulling him even closer than before, and Taehyung relaxed into Jungkook's warm embrace.

And then, Taehyung thought about Mina, admittedly, someone he shouldn't be thinking about in the shower while he was in there with Jungkook. But ever since their date, he couldn't stop thinking about what she said. That he couldn't admit to his feelings. Feelings? He didn't even know that he had feelings.