23

Alice Avery

I held the soft silk material in my hands and held it up to my body as I stood in the full body mirror. The pink champagne colour wasn't something I'd usually pick but Mandy had insisted that I try it on. It was a loose, thin material, it didn't leave much to the imagination which I'm sure Ricky would appreciate.

"I feel like I'm wearing a table cloth." I told Mandy just as the thin dainty strap slipped off my shoulder.

"It's a pretty table cloth though," she pulled the strap back up. "Ricky would love it."

I laughed, "I'm sure he would, one wrong move and I'm naked."

"That's the fun part," she grinned and pulled a pair of black heels from a rack near by.

"I guess you're right," I said as I slipped the heels on. "I do love a risk."

I studied the completed look in the mirror, I've always adored my black clothing but I'll admit that this was a nice change.

"You love it don't you?" Mandy stood behind me with a large smile.

"I don't hate it."

"Mhmm that means 'I love it' in Alice." She said and pulled my hair out of the ponytail it was in. I shook my hair out and it draped freely over my shoulders.

Mandy looked at my with puppy dog eyes. "Fine," I caved in and she clapped her hands together excitedly. "I'm curious what Ricky's gonna show up in."

"Who are we kidding? Probably ripped jeans and a leather jacket," I laughed as I made my way back to the changing room. There's no way he'd show up in formal attire.

I changed back into my regular clothes and Mandy and I went to check out. I was excited for tonight, it would be nice to be around Teddy and Ronnie and see how they turned out. Theo was meant to join us but he's racing tonight so he had to bail on us. I wondered if I'd see any people I knew there, I doubt my senior class ended up in Vegas but you never know. Ricky agreed to pick me up around dinner time to leave for the party. When I began getting ready I kept my makeup simple, nothing too intense. My hair was kept natural and reached the middle of my back in loose waves, my look was completed once I slipped on my dress and put on my heels. I took one last look in the mirror before my phone chimed with a text from Ricky saying he was here.

I walked down to the apartment complex parking lot and was shocked to see Ricky standing there in a black suit.

"Well don't you clean up well," I admired as I moved closer to him. His black hair was slicked back, his blue eyes stood out now more than ever.

I moved to get into the car but he suddenly grabbed my arms and placed me back in front of him. His eyes scanned me numerous times, he fiddled with the straps on my dress.

"I won't be able to keep my hands of you tonight, you understand that don't you?"

"Oh, well then should we just take this back up to my bedroom?" I teased him and ran my hands down his arms sensually.

"Get in the car before I throw you over my shoulder."

I grinned, it was amusing seeing him all hot and bothered. I got into the passenger seat of Ricky's car and we drove off. Teddy and Ronnie's place was a bit of a drive, let's just say the two of them lived in a more upper class area. I had never attended a formal party before and I doubt Ricky as either. It was sorta odd seeing Ronnie and Teddy in an environment like this, they were like celebrities. Our lifestyle seemed so farfetched from one another; street racer and fashion designer are a bit of an usual pair.