Chapter Fifteen || kiss me

ONCE WE ALL get out of the house, closing the door behind us, the girls and I head across the road, towards Apollo House

After what happened yesterday, I was so nervous about school today. Thankfully, it didn't go as badly as I had imagined. I was scared that things would be awkward between Vaughn and me after the whole cuddle sesh.

Thank god it wasn't.

Well, maybe just a little bit, but by the end of the day, we were back to normal. Joking around and teasing each other about random things we did in class.

Now, we are walking to Apollo House for dinner. It's going to be the first time I've ever been to the boys' house, so I'm excited to see what it looks like.

I had practice after school, so I had a shower and washed my hair. By the time we left the house, it was dry so I left it down. I decided to look a little bit more presentable than I usually am, especially at these dinners.

I'm wearing baggy blue jeans with a white top and an oversized, knit sweater.

We knock on the door and a few seconds later a small, middle-aged woman with shoulder-length, brown hair and bright blue eyes opens the door with a welcoming smile.

"Hey, girls! Come in, come in." She gestures for us all to enter, me being the last to do so. When she sees me she lets out a little gasp.

"Hello sweetie, well aren't you a pretty little thing." She coos in her slight southern accent, which seems to make me like her more than I already do.

I smile down at her before she continues, "you must be Adina." I nod. "Well, welcome to Apollo House. I'm Lorraine, the House Mother." I say hi back before entering the small foyer, noting that it's quite similar to Artemis House.

We're about to enter the kitchen when I hear someone coming down the steps.

"Hey, Ads," Vaughn walks down the final step and lands in front of me. I realize that all the girls have already gone into the kitchen, leaving me alone with him.

"Hey, V," I say softly, almost a whisper, nervously playing with my hands in front of me.

He smiles and I'm blinded by my feelings for this boy. A boy who I hardly even know. Butterflies bubble out of me. What is happening to me?

"Welcome to my humble abode." He throws his arms, gesturing around the room playfully, making me giggle at his antics. When have I ever giggled? And it wasn't like it was that funny anyway.