17

Liam Rawley

With the election going on, the only time I was able to spend with my friends was during our work. With that, we decided that we needed some time to just hang out like we used to.

We decided to go to the new funfair that just opened a few weeks ago. Laurel explained to me that the place is opens for 3 weeks once every year. The place was not in bad shape, considering that it's in a small town. The bright lights and people screaming with joy were something I needed after a stressful week.

"We should start with the roller coaster." Roy suggested, "I mean if Dan is man enough to do it."

"You know that I don't like roller coasters." Dan pointed out, "No thanks, I'll stay here."

"What about you, youngest one of the group?" Roy asked me.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," Laurel said softly.

"I want to." I assured and turned to Brady, who was just observing everyone, "Do you want to join us?"I asked him.

"No," He shook his head, "Not into all of these childish things."

"Sweet, we're ground buddies." Dan raised his hand up for Brady to high fived but he got ignored," Or not."He muttered.

"You can go and hang with Dan somewhere else if you like."Laurel suggested, " I mean, we will be with him the whole time."

"I'll wait at the exit of every ride you'll be on," Brady said seriously.

Brady Hutton

"So, Liam said that you're a musician too." Dan mentioned while I focused on where Liam was on the ride, "I'm applying to Juilliard actually."

"Really?"I asked, unamused by it, "I got accepted there too a couple of years back ."

"Did you go?"He asked.

"Isn't it obvious that I didn't?" I said and watched the ride taking off.

"Why not?" He asked as if he was hurt by it, "People would do anything to get into the place. You're crazy if you didn't go."

"I found my parents dead in the kitchen after auditions." I said bluntly and saw his jaw dropped, "So yeah, maybe I am crazy for not going."

I then heard my phone rang.

"Hello," I said.

"Is Liam with you?"Sheriff Rawley asked worriedly.

"Yes, he is."I assured, "Didn't he tell you that he is at the funfair with his friends?"

"It must have slipped his mind." He sighed of relief, "You guys having fun?"

"Liam is, " I said.

"You should try to have fun too." He added, "Might as well enjoy your overtime."

"I'll try, "I mumbled and not soon later, I hung up the phone.

"So, are they paying you extra to look after Liam?"Dan asked and it seemed like he was trying to start a small talk.

"Nope."

"Doesn't that piss you off?" He asked.

"No."

"Do you at least like spending time with Liam?" He asked and that caught my attention as I was finally able to look at him.

"Yeah, he's great," I said honestly.

"I swear that sometimes I think that you guys are a couple." He remarked.

"Why?"

"Because you guys kinda act like it."He pointed out, "I mean, you guys always walk next to each other and keep on whispering things to each and hell, you even argue like a couple. Also, watching a tv show with someone is kinda personal."

I kinda froze for a second.

"You high school kids are so weird now."I shook my head, "I used to watch tv shows with my friends all the time."

"Did you really?"He raised his eyebrows.

No.

Maybe he was right, maybe Liam and I do look like a couple to others but that doesn't mean that we are. I like Liam but it had to be in a strictly friendly way.

All of them then came to where Dan and I were standing.

"Hey, didn't you tell your father that you'll be coming here?"I asked Liam.

"I thought that you would," Liam said seriously.

"Why would I do that?"I asked frustratedly, "I'm not your fucking messenger."

"What has gotten into you?"He crossed his arms above his chest and pouted after I accidentally let out a curse word.

What has gotten into me?

Suddenly, I wanted to prove to Dan, a person that I barely know that Liam and I are not together.

"I'm sorry."I sighed, "Just don't do it next time."

"Okay, dad," Tess muttered loud enough for me to hear.

"What was that?"I asked angrily as if I didn't heard her the first time, "Do you have a problem with me or something?"

"Yes, I do."She stated, "You punched my boyfriend."

"Oh for the love of God, can't you just let it go?"I asked frustratedly.

"Tess," Liam calmed her down, "Why don't you guys go to the next ride and we'll meet you there."

All of them nodded and soon the two of us were left alone.

"Hey, did Dan say anything?"Liam asked softly while we walked from a distance of the group.

"He didn't."I shrugged,"Don't worry about it."

"Brady," He stopped walking, making me do the same, "What is going on? Please be honest with me."

With the look in his eyes, I felt like I owed him an explanation even though I really wanted the topic to fade away.

"The truth is, "I started and sighed, "You kinda broke my heart when you asked me if kissing you got it 'off my chest'. The real answer is it didn't. I like you so much, Liam. So much so that I feel selfish for it. You obviously don't have any feelings for me and that's okay, we can just move past this."

I tried to continue the walk but he grabbed my wrist and tried to pull me back.

"I only asked you that because I was scared." He confessed, "I really like you, Brady but I was just worried because you are working for my father and I like the way we are now. I'm afraid that if we get together and my father thinks that it is unprofessional or whatever and find another deputy to look out after me. I don't want that. I can't imagine spending every single second with anyone besides you."

"Are you still scared?"I whispered.

"Very much."He said honestly while looking intensely into my eyes. My heart was beating so fast at the moment, I swore that it was going to explode if I didn't do something about it and it looked like he felt the same.

"I really want to be with you."I confessed, "And if you want that too, tell me you want it now or I might have just embarrassed myself saying all of that."

"I-"He couldn't get any words out.

I nodded and continued to walk again as if nothing happened.

"I want."He said from behind me.

I turned around and see Liam with a big smile on his face, "Come again?" I grinned.

"I want us to be together."He took a step closer to me.

I pushed the side of his hair back and rested my right hand on the side of his neck while the other was on his waist, "Would it be okay if I kiss you?"I asked softly to which he nodded nervously.