Messed Up

I smiled gratefully and murmured thanks, making my way to the front.

Some people knew who I was and let me past, others were less willing to give up their spot on the show.

Those ones got elbowed and moved quickly afterwards.

The sight that befell me shocked me slightly. From the description given by the tall boy, I knew he meant Remus as the one who didn't want to fight.

Fighting was never in Peter's mind, so I doubted it was him.

I assumed it was Sirius as he was usually fighting and got particularly aggressive as a way to cope with the stress of exams.

But no, it was my own brother James tackling Moony to the ground, throwing badly aimed punches and kicking like a donkey.

I ran up to the pair, wand out and ready to do whatever it takes to get them apart.

"JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING BUT I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU STOP!" I shouted, grabbing their attention immediately.

James' eyes were filled with a rage I hadn't seen in him in a long time.

"You." He said, not letting go of Remus.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Yes me you idiot. Let go of Moony or so help me-"

He cut me off.

"When were you going to tell me?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow, looking at all the Marauders in turn for explanation.

Lily looked pointedly between me and Remus, mouthing he knows.

I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

Great.

"Alright James, I'm sorry. I should have told you and you have every right to be mad. At me." I said.

He opened his mouth to protest, so I continued on quickly.

"That doesn't give you the right to start a fight with Remus, or anyone for that matter. What do you think that's going to resolve. You think we are going to break up?" I asked, waiting for my idiot brother to reply.

He stood there shocked, then slowly shook his head.

"No, you're right. We aren't. So let go of him and apologise and maybe we can talk about this?" I finished.

James' grip loosened, allowing Remus to break free.

The pair brushed themselves off, then sat back down on the side by the tree, where they were when I left.

Instead, everyone was sat up.

I walked over to my friends and sat down, aware that everyone was still watching us.

I said quietly, so only we could hear, "Wait until everyone has left, no need to have an audience." Everyone nodded, then slowly went back to talking, reading, throwing Snitched and the like.

I took the book out of my bag and started to read it, my head now on Hannah's lap.

She wasn't as comfortable as Remus, but I thought better of lying on top of him due to the current situation.

The crowd began to disperse, seeing no more drama was occurring.

Once the courtyard was back to normal, I turned to the group.

"This is going to be difficult." I said. We all chuckled uneasily.

James hadn't taken his eyes off of me.

"Soooooooooooo..... come on. I want this to be over before dinner thank you very much." Sirius said.

I smiled wanly.

"Y/n and I have been dating for a good while now, ever since Christmas I believe." Remus said, shocking the group.

He was still wiping his bloody noes on the cuff of his sleeve, so Olive handed him a tissue.

"Why didn't you tell any of us? I get James, and possibly Sirius because he would tell James, but why not the rest?" Peter asked.

"Lily knew because she got us together. That time during Christmas tradition when we went upstairs?" I said, reminding those who were there of the time.

James grumbled something about his own girlfriend keeping secrets from him, which we collectively ignored.

"I made them drink the rest of the Veritiserum, then asked them if they liked each other. They said yes and kissed. I nearly gran downstairs to tell you all, but they tackled me and made me swear not to say." Lily said proudly.

Sirius smiled. "I never would have thought of that."

"Well it is now May, that's five months. How did you manage to do that?" Hannah asked.

This time, I spoke.

"Believe it or not, you lot are exceedingly loud. It's easy to have conversations undercover with you all arguing or just being obnoxiously loud all the time."

"Sometimes we went to the Owlery and sat together, talking about life and when we should tell you."

Lily rolled her eyes,"yeah, and I had to sit in the library until you were done so it didn't look suspicious." She said.

"One time!" Remus shot back at her, smiling and rolling his eyes at the same time.

After being bombarded with questions for an hour or two, everything seemed to becoming normal again.

That was until James spoke.

"Well, I hope you enjoyed that five months because that's it. There's no way I'm letting this continue." He sat up, caught the snitch and put it in his pocket as if to finish the discussion.

This angered me, so I spoke up again.

"I think the fuck not. What makes you think you can stop us?" I said, hands curling into fists.

"I'm you're big brother and I have to protect you. Not let you go around with my best friend holding hands and all that shit."

Wrong thing to say.

I was visibly shaking in anger; Hannah braiding my hair to calm me.

"Says the one going around with my best friend! You openly asked her out every day for five year and when she finally accepts, she he two of you can't keep your hands off each other! Your hands never leave her ass and I catch you two kissing AND MORE at least once a week. And despite all this, you have the audacity to say I can't be 'holding hands and all that shit?' Well guess what big bro, I don't care what you think."

With that, I grabbed my bag, took the pumpkin juice out and dumped it I've this stupid hair.

"Hope you didn't want that." I stalked off.

Peter turned to James.

"You fucked up Prongs. Big time."

AN: 1067 words. Writing these have been really therapeutic and I'm glad that someone enjoys it. I hope to continue this book on, but our schools have just been cancelled so I now have more free time. Would anyone be interested in a Marvel fanfic? Let me know, or any other suggestions you have. As always, love you all xx