1

* Omotara Adebayo *

"Tara!!! Tara!!! Don't you think it's time for you to get up from that bed?" Mom yelled.

"Oh God!!!" I groaned as I got up from my bed lazily.

My name is Omotara Imani Adebayo. Born in Dakota. Brown skinned and sixteen. Slay queen of the school. No one dare cross my path. Not to brag, but I'm beautiful. Very beautiful. Very very beautiful. Very...

Shut up Tara!!

And, the hottest guy in school is my boyfriend. His name is Zephan Daran. He's half caste.

My mom is a no - nonsense African-American woman.

And my dad is a very strict nigerian man.

Even with their no - nonsense strict attitude, I'm still very spoiled because I'm their only child.

"Imani!!" Dad yelled. I could tell he was coming to my room because of the sound of feet stomping angrily on the floor which was getting closer each passing second.

I raced to the bathroom and locked the door.

Someone can't even sleep well on holidays.

I rolled my eyes I began to brush.
"Omotara Imani Adebayo!! I give you ten minutes to get ready and come downstairs!!" Dad said.

Yeah yeah. Whatever.

"Dad, I'm coming!" I snapped.

"Watch the tone you use to talk to me young lady!" Dad replied angrily.

Sometimes, it helps to be the only child while at other times, I wish I had a sibling. So they won't yell at me only.

Mom and Dad have probably been trying severally for another child but due to some reason, it doesn't happen.

* twenty minutes later *

I dried my afro styled hair with a silky towel, combed it and pulled it into a puff. It's not like my hair can do ponytails unless I straighten it.

I know I've spent more than twenty minutes in here but duh! It's not like they're gonna spank me.

I'm sixteen already. I've passed that stage.

Plus, they've never done that before.

I ran my hands through the clothes in my closet.

So many clothes! I don't even know what to wear.

I wore a grey crop top and matching sweatpants and headed for the kitchen.

"Hi mom. Hi dad" I greeted as I reached the kitchen.

"Really? Sweatpants are the best you can do?" Mom rolled her eyes.

"Are we going somewhere?" I asked.

"No. But at least wear something better" mom replied. I glanced at dad who was just staring at the news paper.

That's how my dad is. Reads the papers in the morning, watch the news from eight pm till he falls asleep.

Mom served us Irish potatoes and chicken along with locally made strawberry juice.

"Thanks mom" I said as I tooky breakfast and headed for my room.

They won't tell me not to go because they know I won't listen.

Time to go face time Zephan!!.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••