Chapter 26 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 3/3

The Mechanic waited for Y/n's response but Y/n simply walked out of his office. Y/n walked out of the building and started his dark blue Willys MB jeep while the Mechanic tried to catch up to him.

Y/n: "Where is he?"

Mechanic: "Warrant Officer Damian is already at a hospital in the town sir."

Y/n: "What are you waiting for then lad? Hurry up and get on before I leave you out here."

Mechanic: "Yes, sir."

     Y/n drove as fast as he could as soon as the Mechanic got onto his jeeb. Y/n drove past Aiden who looked after his jeep, confused.

Five minutes later...

16:50

     Y/n parked right infront of the hospital and rushed inside. He was led to Damian's room by one of the nurses there.

Nurse: "He will make it but he will need some time to recover, sir."

Y/n: "How long will it take?"

Nurse: "Fortunately, the doctor said he will recover in a month."

Nurse: "However..."

     Y/n stared at the nurse who was trying to get closer to him as if she was going to seduce him. He smiled at her and opened the door.

Nurse: "Are you available this evening?"

Y/n: "Unfortunately, I have my own businesses to attend to and I already have a girlfriend."

Nurse: "Here's my address...You can come here at anytime if you decide to break up with your partner."

Y/n: "I don't think I will need it, Miss. Please keep it to yourself and take care."

     Y/n walked into the room and waited until the Mechanic walked in before he closed the door right infront of the nurse. The nurse wasn't angry about it though, in fact the only thing she cared was that she managed to talk to Y/n.

     Damian was sleeping on the bed with Captain William looking after him with two other Royal Marines.

William: "Sir."

Y/n: "William, how about the culprit?"

William: "A drunk private from the Territorial Army, sir. He escaped before we arrived at the scene, the bullet struck in WO Damian's head is a 9mm."

Y/n: "Got it, I will see what I can do."

William: "Sir?"

     Y/n walked out of the room without responding to William. Y/n walked straight out of the hospital and continued down the street.

     He stopped infront of a pub and walked inside. There were several Royal Navy personnel within the pub and only a few Territorial Army personnel.

???: "Ah, Lieutenant Commander. Where is your girlfriend this time?"

Y/n: "She's currently busy. So I decided to come alone this time."

Riley: "Sure thing, Lieutenant Commander. Earl Grey again this time?"

Y/n: "Yes, please."

     Y/n was already familar with this pub mainly because of George. She would normally bring him here whenever they come out of the base. Y/n sat down beside a drunk private who was acting strangely.

Y/n: "Private, it would have been harder to find you if you used a different pistol."

Drunk Private: "What do you mean, I didn't even shoot-"