6 6 | J U L I A

A knock on the door interrupted my practice and I gently set the instrument down, furrowing my eyebrows as I wondered who could possibly be here. It was about eleven and the sun was shining so brightly outside, I could feel its heat by just looking out the open window.

I got up to answer the door. It couldn't be Braxton. He had left an hour ago for work even thought it was a weekend.

Opening the door before some other person could get to it, I was surprised to see who was at the other side of the door. Dale looked just as shocked to see me.

"Is this your house or Braxton's?" He asked.

"His," I said.

Then he assessed me from head to toe and I turned little crimson. "So you stay here," he stated, gesturing to my shirt and sweatpants.

"Yes...but only for a short while. What're you doing here?"

"I didn't know where you lived so I wanted to ask Braxton for your address. I think I offended him a little when the security called to check with him about my identity and I told him I was only here for your address but he let me in." He chuckled.

"Oh, come inside." I opened the door wide and he walked through. I gestured for him to take a seat on the sofa. "Did you drive five hours to get here?"

"No, I go to a university nearby. I was only at my mother's to pay her a visit that time and she wanted me to meet someone and it was you. I have an apartment near uni."

"Oh, um do you want tea or coffee?"

"Tea, thank you."

I went into the kitchen and asked a maid to make one which she gladly obliged and went back to the living room.

"Would you like to spend the day with me, that is if you're not busy. I know I came over unannounced but I really didn't know you lived here. I hope I didn't creep you out."

I shook my head. "You could've just called me to ask for my address."

"And pass up on the opportunity to see where a celebrity lives? No thanks," he said cheekily and I laughed. "This is a beautiful house. Make sure to tell him that," he added and I nodded in agreement.

"I will and to answer your question, yes we can hang out. I'm free till four after which I have a shift at the library."

"That's plenty of time for us to go somewhere and get to know each other. I'd really like to know my long lost childhood friend."

I beamed at him. "Okay, you enjoy your tea. I'll get ready. We can go for some ice cream," I said.

"And then maybe a movie later?"

"Sure."

I put on some jeans and a top and dusted on some light makeup from the minimal products I had bought based on whether I knew how to use it. Taking money and my phone, I was ready in under ten minutes.

By the time I returned, Dale had finished his tea and some cake the maid had brought for him.

"You look pretty," he said and I thanked him for the compliment.

"You too," I said.

We sneaked out the back door, not wanting to create any problems for Braxton if someone should see us exiting his house.

We entered O&J's ice cream shop after walking for a few minutes. I liked this particular one. There was another O&J's shop in my town where I had my ice cream a few times and another reason I went there was because I heard that Colin lived nearby and I wasn't stalking but I just wanted to see where he lived. I never got to know where he lived but at least the ice cream helped with my disappointment.