♠ 9

"Don't let your past affect your future Manik. If you will allow your past to affect your future, you'll never be able to come out of it and live the present.."

Nandini moves out of the room and sighs

Nandini moves out of the room and sighs. She thanks god that she didn't speak anything stupid.

Manik is in the court where he's informed that Naman is spotted in a nearby forest.

"Try to find time and get him anyhow! It's already very late!" Manik ordered.

The court dismisses and Manik wents to Kalavati's room to see her sleeping. He didn't disturb her and went to Raheshwari's room to ask about dadi's health.

Manik enters the room to see Nandini and Rajeshwari playing chess.

"Pranaam maa.." Manik said bowing in front of her mother.

Rajeshwari smiles at him and Nandini just looks away. "Your turn maa.."

Rajeshwari smiles and plays her turn.

"Maa how's dadi's health now?" Manik asked sitting next to her mother.

"She's fine now.." Rajeshwari replied moving the piece forward.

Nandini moves her piece forward as it's her turn now. But Manik stopped her. "No don't move this..."

"Why? By moving this piece I can kill her piece.." Nandini said.

"Yes, you surely can but the main aim in the battlefield isn't only about killing other's but also to save yourself and your army as much as you can.. By moving this piece you can kill her piece but you will be in danger too at the same time..." Manik explained her and moves another piece.

Manik teaches her how to play the game properly while Rajeshwari excuses herself to let them together.

"Wow! I wasn't knowing that you are so intelligent!" Nandini said with a smile and then focuses on her game. Manik looks at her unbelievably but she doesn't bothers about it and continued her game.

Both Nandini and Manik started playing and Manik let Nandini win because she's a way more excited.

"Yay! I won! See, I knew it that you aren't that intelligent..." Nandini says and chuckles.

"Really? You know what I let you win thinking that you are new to this game.." Manik replied.

"Aww really? Don't lie... Whenever someone loses he says the same.. Don't lie and accept your defeat.." Nandini replied with a smile.

"I didn't lose but I made you win!" Manik protested.

"Think what you want but I know that I won... And I'll tell this to maa that her daughter in law defeated her beloved son.." Nandini said getting up with a proud smile.