prologue

Alexander Kingsley POV

The dim moonlight was shining on my face as I turn over to see my wife on the other side, looking beautiful as ever.

Her light chestnut brown hair was across the soft white fabric of the silk pillow as her angelic facial features showed that she was relaxed with no problem in the world.

I threw the fluffy white comforter over my body, careful not to wake up Lila.

It was a good thing she was a heavy sleeper.

The cool breeze hit my body as I heard the faint crying get louder, I went closer to it, only to find it coming from the room directly across from us. The room where my youngest kids slept.

My babies. Why is someone crying?

When Andre and Anastasia sleep together, they don't cry. They always have each other to calm the other down when they wake up but right now, the baby crying just kept going and it was only one person.

When I get to the room, I open the door, the cool metal slowly turning as it made contact with my skin, to make sure I don't startle them too much. I furrow my eyebrows as I see Andre's small body sobbing in his crib, his small, chubby hands in fists that were thrashing around and wiping his tears simultaneously. My heartstrings tugged from seeing my child like this.

But where the hell is my fucking daughter?

"Where is Ana, Andy?" I whispered, hoping it would calm him a little, slowly picking up his small figure, cradling him in my arms and wiping away the salty, wet tears, his usually light stormy grey eyes were red and puffy at this point. It broke my heart seeing him and his sadness across his angelic baby features that he got from his mom. And my mind was running in circles, my one year old daughter was missing at night.

He responds slowly, "Awantie twook Ana," his hiccups were making it harder for me to understand what his baby voice was saying but I made it work, and having 5 kids before him made it that much easier.
[auntie took Ana,]

Why would Lilly take Anastasia?

Confused on why their aunt is not back yet, I call Lilly, my wife's sister and the kids' aunt. Suddenly, a bright light goes off in the room along with a quiet ringtone and I turn around to face Lilly's phone on the big purple bean bag in the corner of my kids' room.

I quickly start panicking for my daughter's safety, rushing as I scroll through my contacts, trying to find the head of seconds.

I find the number to press on it as he picks up on the third ring.

"Do you know if anyone is on the grounds or has left the grounds?" I ask, concern and anger lacing my voice.

"Um- yes boss, Lilly Fox left about 10 minutes ago." Comes a gruff reply, nervousness and fear in his voice.