Malia Tate

I've never given much thought about how it will be when I leave. Probably because I don't want to think of my own death this early on in life.

But I knew that my body would soon turn of. It's strength it used to have has vanished away.

Ever since I was kidnapped by the dread doctors I've been feeling much worse everyday. I didn't want to tell anyone what had happened the week I was gone.

How they tortured me and injected things into my body. That was why I would soon leave this earth. The things they injected into me is not made for a human to withstand.

And I hated myself for not telling Malia. My sweet, caring and stunning girlfriend. I think it's going to hurt less if I didn't tell her.

And she wouldn't go after the dread doctors and kill them because of me. She would never know if was them who did it.

Everyone would just think my heart stopped. Ever since I was injected with the unknown substance my heart has been slowing down rapidly.

Sometimes it would stop beating for a little while. My blood wasn't getting around my body like it should. That's were all the fainting, low blood sugar, nosebleeds and my muscles giving up and making me fall symptoms came from.

<>

I knew that I wouldn't make it past this week so I stayed home. Laying in my bed hugging the two stuffed animals I have. The old worn out little beat I got from my father on my sixth birthday and little coyote from Malia.

They made me feel safe, in the background a soft melody of my favorite piano piece were playing. And I'm my head I was imagining playing this exact song with my hands on my piano.

My body was getting more and more tired. So I texted Malia for the last time. I said that I am in love with her. We had never said the l word before, but I wanted her to know that I do love her before I'm gone.

I sent away the text and put my phone back on my nightstand. I looked at the two photos that were standing there as well. One of my and Malia kissing under the mistletoe last Christmas. And one of my dad and I when I sat in his lap about ten years ago.

I wasn't scared about me dying, I knew that when I did my dad would be there to guide me. As well as my lovely grandparents.

But still it hurt knowing that I would leave all my friends. That I would leave Malia.

<>

To my surprise I heard the door open downstairs. Odd. My mother were working and no one else had a key. Except Malia.

I turned and looked at the door opening and there she Stood. My beautiful little were-coyote. I smiled as she walked inside and sat down on my bed.

<>

After sometime she finally opened her mouth.

" why didn't you tell me? "

" Because there's nothing anyone could do. And I thought it would save you some Greif like this "

She just shook her head and sighed loudly.

" I could have been there for you "

" You were! And you still am "

" I love you to you know "

She said after a couple of minutes. She took my hand in hers and kissed it gently.

Then she turned my arm around so that my wrist was in the air instead. She placed three kissed along my wrist and forearm.

She opened her mouth wider and but down on my wrist. It hurt so damn bad, I could feel some of her venom going into my blood.

The when she finally pulled away I thought that it was finally done. But the pain grew and grew bigger, beyond words.

And then it was black.

<>

I'm pretty sure I'm dead but it doesn't feel like it's 100% right either. I could hear voices around me and someone holding my hand.

I opened my eyes and it took a great while for my eyes to go back to normal.

I said slowly and looked around at the people
In the room. I was still in mine, I looked down on my wrist and there was a quite a big bite.

I looked up and met Malias eyes , I could see how sad she was.

" You're like us now, I just couldn't lose you. That's why I had to do it " She said to me while rolling her thumbs.

". It's okay " I answered her back.

Truly it was ok, we had talked about this before and I consented.

No it meant I could spend even more time with her. What a luxury.