chapter 51

-Avengers: Endgame-

I was in the training room, taking a break when the punching bag was moving on it's own. The chain was rattling and I ran as fast as I could until I saw mum waiting outside the facility as well. A few others came after us. I look up and see Peter's ship in the air. When it landed, dad and Nebula were coming out, Nebula helping dad walk. I ran to dad and hugged him tight. He immediately hugged me back and kissed my forehead. I pulled back and Steve helped him down the stairs.

"Thank you. Thank you so much Nebula" I say looking at Nebula. She nods her head and I look at Carol "Carol, thank you. I owe you both" I say, looking at both of them.

"Couldn't stop him" dad said to Steve.

"Neither could I" Steve said.

"Hang on" I heard dad say quietly. I go to him and hold his arms "I lost the kid" dad said and I looked down.

"Hey, hey, dad it's okay" I say, reassuring him.

"Tony, we lost" Steve said. Dad was struggling to speak.

"Is, uh...?" dad got out, asking about mum "Oh, good" dad said at the sight of mum, just happy that she wasn't dusted.

"Oh, my God!" mum says and hugs dad "Oh, my God!" she says again and starts crying. She pulls me into the hug and I start crying as well. Mum pulls away and dad kisses her cheek.

"It's okay" dad reassures. We walk into the building, me and mum supporting dad.

~~~~~

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to earth" Rhodey says. I see all the people who have dusted and see Bucky. I start to tear up.

"World governments are in pieces" Nat says. I see a picture of Scott and remember that everyone thinks he's dusted "The parts that are still working... Are trying to take a census and it looks like he did... He did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out... 50% of all living creatures" I see a picture of Loki and remember watching his death.

"Thor, why did I see Loki dust away. He... He died right in front of me, in front of us" I say, looking at Thor "He spoke to me"

"You asked us if we felt a presence in the ship. It was Loki. He revealed himself after you left. He wanted to surprise you, but..." Rocket said and I looked at him, then at Thor. He didn't move. I cried. I look away and at the floor and smiled at the fact that Loki was alive.

"Where is he now? Where?" dad asked.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through. Y/N?" Steve asked.

"No. I can't say anything. This has to take it's course or else we are fricked. This is the last time I say this, I'm not someone you go to for answers when you don't know what's going to happen in the future. I either tell you, or I don't. And only if it's necessary" I say, looking at Steve. Dad sighed and looked at Thor.

"What's wrong with him?" dad asked, pointing to Thor.

"Oh, he's pissed" Rocket said "He thinks he failed. Which, of course, he did... But there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?"

"Honestly, until this exact second I thought you were a Build-A-Bear" dad said, pointing at Rocket.

"Maybe I am"

"We've been hunting Thanos for 3 weeks now. Deep space scans... And satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him" Steve said.

"Who told you that? I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet..." dad said "While the Bleecker Street magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There was no fight, 'cause he's not beatable"

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?" Steve asked.

"Uh... I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming"

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus"

"And I needed you. As in, past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late, buddy. Sorry" dad said and moved forward a bit "You know what I need? I need a shave" dad got up and accidentally dropped his food on the table "And I believe I remember telling all youse..." dad continued and was ripping off a strap that was on is arm to help him with his state.

"Tony, Tony, Tony!" Rhodey called but dad didn't listen.

"Alive and otherwise, that what we needed was a suit of armor around the world. Remember that" I moved next to dad to help him "Whether it impacted our precious freedom or not. That's what we needed"

"Well, that didn't work out, did it?" Steve asked.

"I said we'd lose. You said 'We'll do that together, too'. And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the 'Avengers'. We're the 'Avengers', Not the 'Pre-vengers" dad continued.

"Okay" Rhodey said, trying to get him to sit down.

"Right?" dad asked.

"Dad, you made your point. Just please sit down, okay?" I say, trying to help Rhodey.

"Okay. No, no, here's my point. You know what? She's great by the way" dad said, pointing to Carol.

"Tony, you're sick. Sit down" Rhodey said.

"We need you. You're new blood" dad continued. He got away from Rhodey and went to Steve "Bunch of tired old mules. I got nothing for you, Cap. I got no coordinates... No clues, no strategies, no options. 0. Zip. Nada. No trust, liar" dad took off his arc reactor and put it in Steve's hand "Here, take this. You find him, you put that on... You hide" dad fell to his knees.

"Dad!" I call and go to him.

"Tony!" Steve calls and tries to help him.

"I'm fine" dad says. Everyone moves aside for him "Let me..." dad collapses and I help him up. Carol helps me take him to a room. Me and mum were sitting beside him, even though I knew he was going to be okay.

"Where are you going?" I hear Steve ask. I tell mum that I'm going to go and she kisses my forehead. I go to Steve and see Carol walking away.

"To kill Thanos" she says. Me, Nat and Steve look at each other for a moment.

"Hey" Nat calls "You know, we usually work as a team here... And, uh, between you and I, morale's a little fragile"

"We realise up there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too" Steve says.

"Do you even know where he is?" Rhodey asked "Apart from Y/N"

"I know people who might" Carol says.

"Don't bother" Nebula says "I can tell you where Thanos is"