The Old Guard *part 3* (Peter Parker)

Y/N's P.O.V

Air started to fill my lungs, my heart slowly starting itself again as I choked and gasped. My eyes shot open, pain cascading through me as my body forced the bullet out of my chest.

"Fuck." I groaned, gently rubbing my chest as I sat up in the bed. Suddenly the door to the medical suite opened and Peter walked in, his red and puffy eyes widening as he saw me awake.

"Oh my god, you came back." he choked as he rushed to my side and immediately pressed our lips together. I returned it immediately, holding his face as I smiled into it.

"How long was I out for?" I mumbled as he sat in the chair next to my bed.

"That's why I thought that you were really gone. You've been out for an hour, babe." He admitted quietly. My eyes widened and I sat up more as I looked at him.

"An hour?! It usually takes me seconds to come back." I gulped.

"I know, why do you think that I've been so worried?" Peter nodded, his eyes wavering as a tear left them. I sighed and lay back in the bed.

"Maybe I'm not meant to be one of those immortals who has centuries before their injuries stop healing." I chuckled nervously. Peter looked at me.

"What do you do now, then?" he asked. My eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean, Pete? I continue to fight. And if I die from my wounds and I don't come back, that's what happens." I shrugged. His eyes widened.

"Why are you relaxed about this? Doesn't it terrify you that you can now actually properly die if you get hurt?" he scoffed.

"No, because it makes me exactly the same as you, Steve, Natasha, Bruce and Tony." I stated. Peter sighed and looked at me.

"Pete, I throw myself in front of bullets meant for you because I know that I'll be okay. But I still live with the fear that one day, I'll be too slow, and you'll die. The only thing that changes now is that you also have to live with that fear." I admitted. Peter sighed again and nodded, making me give him a small smile as I leant forward and kissed him. He returned it, gently cupping my cheek to bring me closer. I broke the kiss and looked at him.

"Did you manage to get Bucky? I don't want to have died for nothing." I chuckled in an attempt to lighten the mood. It worked, Peter returning my chuckle and nodding as he looked at me.

"Just about. Cap had to kill him in order to get him, but it worked. He healed only a minute or two after he was killed, but we got him." He reassured.

"Let's go see this immortal fucker, then." I stated. Peter smiled as he reached out a hand to me. I took it and stood from the hospital bed before leaving the suite with Peter.

Peter and I walked into the command room in which Bucky was being held. I gulped and looked at the man who was in the glass cell, with his arms in sealed tubes for extra caution. He looked up at me as I walked in and scowled.

"You good, kid?" Tony asked.

"Not happy with how long it took me to come back, but I'm back now anyway." I nodded.

"Trust me, babe, none of us are happy with how long it took you to come back." Peter mumbled. I sighed and nodded before looking at Bucky.

"I'm Y/N. I'm immortal, like you-."

"I know. I felt you die when I killed you. God, it was an amazing feeling." He smirked and shook his head. I squinted my eyes at him and crossed my arms over my chest as I walked towards the glass cell.